PDA

View Full Version : Bodyscanning - airport security

legod
26-11-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/4391127/Kiwi-refuses-naked-body-scan
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1011/S00212/kiwi-refuses-airport-body-scan.htm

Interesting....bodyscanners are illegal here in NZ (I wonder for how long).

At London Heathrow, if they select you, you get no choice.

At least in the US you get the option of being fondled.

somebody
27-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm sure in 15-20 years they'll find that these machines cause cancer - especially for frequent flyers like flight attendants, pilots and businesspeople etc.

legod
27-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm sure in 15-20 years they'll find that these machines cause cancer - especially for frequent flyers like flight attendants, pilots and businesspeople etc.

All part of a sinister plot to keep the world's population down :devil

paulw
27-11-2010, 12:31 PM

Wonder if the lawyers will be so keen to sue the TSA like they were with tobacco companies??

Metla
27-11-2010, 01:06 PM
All part of a sinister plot to keep the world's population down :devil

So they render sterile all those wealthy enough to fly a few times a year, meanwhile the great unwashed breed...and breed...and breed.

somebody
27-11-2010, 01:50 PM
So they render sterile all those wealthy enough to fly a few times a year, meanwhile the great unwashed breed...and breed...and breed.

One would almost think you work for the NZ Labour party!

Paul.Cov
27-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Sounds like my own analogy for work and welfare.
Work and taxes keep the 'rich' too poor and tired to consider a family.

Meanwhile our well rested beneficiaries fill their time by breeding. They don't have to worry about paying for the kids, coz that's always the taxpayers problem.

pctek
27-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Meanwhile our well rested beneficiaries fill their time by breeding.

You know, just had my brother here for a visit. He's quite worried about the upcoming reforms.
He's 51, intellectually handicapped, has almost non-existent sight, epilepsy and now a new condition called
Dupuytren's Disease, which the hospital nicely mailed him and said Too bad, we have no money.

He's never bred ever, never likely to either. He did the same PC course as me years ago, at Polytech, tried a few job applications (his general health was a bit better then) and no-one would hire him, he got the interviews, but once they actually saw him, see ya.

Don't lump all beneficiaries into one group. Some would like not to be there but haven't a lot of choice.

Paul.Cov
27-11-2010, 10:32 PM
My sympathies regarding your brother. I have a brother who'se been on a benefit for some time too, plus other close relatives whose only contribution to society has been as consumers and wasters of tax dollars... so I was kinda tongue in cheek, and making broad generalisations.

It's the parasitic and the feral types on benefits I had in my sights.

I do however object to able bodied people using a benefit to raise a family. If you can't support a family, you should do the responsible thing and not have kids until you can support them yourself. If you can't be responsible, then perhaps you souldn't be bringing kids into the world, and perhaps continuation of a benefit should be conditional on correct use of contraception (with penalties or sterilisation in the event of a failure with contraception).
Taxpayers have to shoulder the responsibility of supportiong beneficiaries. Beneficiaries should do more to ensure benefit costs are not wasted on a home full of ten wild kids who in turn are breeding indiscriminately. Condoms, pills or a vasectomy are far cheaper for the country, and would consequently leave more dollars for health and education.

wainuitech
27-11-2010, 10:50 PM
This would be more like it (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/05/article-1240637-07C23BCF000005DC-916_964x622.jpg)

legod
28-11-2010, 09:52 AM

Absolutely spot on....it's called dumbing down the population!