PDA

View Full Version : How can people be so selfish?

SKT174
25-11-2010, 09:18 AM
http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/IMAG0264.jpg

http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/IMAG0265.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:

Myth
25-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Face it, they simply don't [edited]

inphinity
25-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Heh, happens a lot. Doesn't help the tardbucket in the Hold-on-while-i-suck-at-driving next to them can't park within the lines either. I personally believe that about 80% of people with licenses (and those without who drive anyway) don't have the necessary judgement to do so properly.

Zippity
25-11-2010, 09:43 AM
How was the woman in the rear seat who had her leg in plaster supposed to get out of the car?

Through the roof?

DeSade
25-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Call the council and have it towed.

Nomad
25-11-2010, 09:49 AM
One time there was a car who parked excessively across so the front passenger could open the door and sunbathe her legs :illogical:

So what I did was forced my vehicle in the spot as I was not getting out, I was waiting for someone. When they had to get out it took them a while :p Might of been 4" of gap.

DeSade
25-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Gotta be careful of that Nomad, they are likely to just shove the door into your car.

Billy T
25-11-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes, bad parking I agree, but a blind woman of oriental origins could easily park a Remuera tractor in the remaining space, given that the LHS could be hard up to the kerb.

Bull bars would be useful clearance indicators when reversing out if it was still there when leaving. :D

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Battleneter2
25-11-2010, 10:14 AM
See it all the time in CHCH, early morning people just rock up to say a free 3 car block horizontal park and park in the middle killing two other parks.

I pull up to the same park and park forward as close as legally possible thinking "two others should be able to fit behind me"

Its common scene and so easy to do, but escapes so many.

Gobe1
25-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Heh, happens a lot. Doesn't help the tardbucket in the Hold-on-while-i-suck-at-driving next to them can't park within the lines either. I personally believe that about 80% of people with licenses (and those without who drive anyway) don't have the necessary judgement to do so properly.

If you notice the holden couldnt park any closer as the gorona (EDIT Beemer) is too close and the driver of the holden wouldnt be able to get out of his door. Bu the red car, what a muppet, bet its a female driver

Roscoe
25-11-2010, 10:52 AM
Face it, they simply don't [edited]

I think that sums it up.

There is no thought about the consequences of their actions and how they may inconvenience other people. Why bother? Just could not care less.

It's not as though it is anything new. It is not as though it does not happen all the time. Unfortunately, you just have to accept that these stupid, inconsiderate, unthinking people exist and just work around them. Being upset about them is a pointless exercise. Anything you do or say won't change them.

It is a sad fact that these type of people are allowed to have children and they will, unfortunately, teach their children the same uncaring way. Not too much you can do about it.

Trev
25-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Nothing worse than parking at the front or back of a car park to easily get out when you come back and find yourself jammed in because someone has parked as close as they can get too the front or back of you as possible.
:)

johcar
25-11-2010, 11:58 AM
And some people wonder why, when they come back to their car, someone has keyed it....

Not that I'm condoning such actions obviously!!

A question though for SKT174: did you take the picture? If so, why did you pixellate the offending idiot's plate?

Nomad
25-11-2010, 12:06 PM
A question though for SKT174: did you take the picture? If so, why did you pixellate the offending idiot's plate?

:thumbs:

:p

CYaBro
25-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Print out one of these (http://youparklikean*******.com/) and stick on the car :D

:thumbs:

Edit: Damn swear filter!
The link should be http://youparklikeana$$hole.com/

ubergeek85
25-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Small problem...

try http://goo.gl/XfEmr

CYaBro
25-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Cheers ubergeek85!

ubergeek85
25-11-2010, 12:20 PM
all good

PaulD
25-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Unless you see them parking you have no idea whether they ended up like that through their fault or whether they parked as best they could between 2 other cars that have since gone. Often the rot sets in because there's 1 too many parks squeezed into the space.

SKT174
25-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Call the council and have it towed.

Really? we can actually do this?

DeSade
25-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Its illegal parking and therefore its the councils responsibility.

SKT174
25-11-2010, 12:34 PM
And some people wonder why, when they come back to their car, someone has keyed it....

Not that I'm condoning such actions obviously!!

I did took the picture, I'm not sure whether we're allow to publish the plate or not.

Trev
25-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Who is stopping you ??
:)

ubergeek85
25-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Well, in the first image, you left one plate uncensored...

In the photos on my website, I've removed plates, simply because I'm not sure, and I don't want the liability.

See here; http://www.eastcoast.net.nz/images/chebello2.jpg

SKT174
25-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I've seen many times a Loading Zone that is capable of accommodates 2 cars, yet the car parked occupied just over half of that space (because the driver can't be bothered to move a meter forward or backward)...

SKT174
25-11-2010, 12:44 PM
ubergeek85 : Oh .. I didn't pay attention to that

Erayd
25-11-2010, 04:04 PM
The solution (http://xkcd.com/562/) :D. Quick: No.
Legal: Not so much.
Effective: Hell yes!

roddy_boy
25-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Pisses me off when people do this. Especially on the parallel parking loading zones, long enough to fit 2 large vehicles, and they park their car bang smack in the middle. [edited]!

johcar
25-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I trust you're upset from the point of view of the driver of a commercial vehicle, otherwise I have no sympathy

Zippity
25-11-2010, 04:51 PM
[edited]!

So what is it that you are really trying to say? :(:(:(

Guess that will get you banned for a few weeks.

roddy_boy
25-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Woops was a typo. Meant to say [edited] but can't edit it now.

johcar - yes. You wouldn't believe how often it happens, and if people are in the car, how reluctant they are to drive forward for you to fit in the park.

johcar
25-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Woops was a typo. Meant to say [edited] but can't edit it now.

johcar - yes. You wouldn't believe how often it happens, and if people are in the car, how reluctant they are to drive forward for you to fit in the park.

Do what I used to do when I was a courier. Double park over their driver's door so that your passenger door wing mirror is nearly touching their driver's door.

They can't go anywhere until you move your vehicle.

Just don't react at all to the inevitable temper tantrums - just calmly tell them that they are not legally parked and they are welcome to call the Police.

That'll learn them!!

Worked a treat for me!! :D

EDIT: Not like you to make spelling mistakes!!!

SKT174
26-11-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure anyone can park on loading zones to drop off passengers, load/unload goods, it does not have to be a commercial vehicle.

Unless on the loading zone sign where it says Goods Vehicles Only.

roddy_boy
26-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah the ones I'm referring to say Goods Service Vehicles Only. Most of the ones in central Aucks say that.

qazwsxokmijn
26-11-2010, 12:36 AM
So what is it that you are really trying to say? :(:(:(
A fitting description for these morons, really.

Saw one ******* in a blue Honda Civic hatchback on Princess St in central Auckland today, liberally taking up two spaces. There was a parking warden nearby and if I weren't in a rush I would have gotten the warden to slap the homo with a fine.

In the past I've left a nasty note on another moron's windshield. Idiot thinks he/she can reverse park, only to take up two spaces. Hate these idiots, hopefully they have a crash that doesn't kill them, but remove their ability to reproduce.

coldfront
26-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Coming back from wellington encounter the the young and the foolish who simply just did not get it that a bit of patiance would get them to where they were going quicker and sometimes the horn simply is not a solution.

Coming out of Bulls became aware of an invisible Mazda, not so invsible that I was able to spot him the one time he was not so close he was hiding from mirror view. Gets to some roadworks and he passed me as I was slowing a 4 other cars. Figured wouldnt se him again! Further up at Hunterville a nice big piece roadworks and guess whats coming up behind me...yup the Mazda anyways wiser to him this time and we had to stop for Traffic Lights. Watching my mirrors saw this twit sticking his nose out of the line clearly impatiant. Next thing you hear is a car horn hooting! Well duh the lights are not changing that way.:rolleyes: Whats ****wit try to do yup go around just as the stream of traffic is coming thru. When the lights changed I ended up being the widest vehicle I could be and most unpredictable dodging the potholes :devil

Not that it slowed him down :( like a bullet he was off again only a few ks to be held up by a house bus pulling a camper at around 80kph. The ulimate frustration so off mr impatiant went on the double yellows passing this Bus combo and a car behind the Bus. Funny thing I got it on my Dashcam :clap just short Waiouru I saw the same car talking to a guy with red and blue lights on his roof :punk When they finished I showed mr plod the dash cam footage........oh dear.

Just rember folks Comercial vehicles are more and more being fitted with cameras as the technology lowers in price.

johcar
26-11-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm pretty sure anyone can park on loading zones to drop off passengers, load/unload goods, it does not have to be a commercial vehicle.

Unless on the loading zone sign where it says Goods Vehicles Only.

Unless things have changed since I was couriering (it's a while ago now, so it might have happened), that is incorrect.

Unfortunately, I haven't got time this morning to trawl through the badly indexed NZTA site, but I think you'll find that most, if not all, Loading Zone signs have "Goods Vehicles Only" clearly stated. If you're not driving a commercial vehicle, you shouldn't be there.

Nomad
26-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Unless things have changed since I was couriering (it's a while ago now, so it might have happened), that is incorrect.

Unfortunately, I haven't got time this morning to trawl through the badly indexed NZTA site, but I think you'll find that most, if not all, Loading Zone signs have "Goods Vehicles Only" clearly stated. If you're not driving a commercial vehicle, you shouldn't be there.

That depends :p
Family had a stationwagon because they had a shop etc .. :D
The vehicle was linked to the businessn's taxation etc .. but it didn't have slogans on it.

jareemon
26-11-2010, 12:45 PM
why do i always see these posts AFTER the mods have edited everything out and now im like ok whats this thread about?

nerd
26-11-2010, 01:24 PM
SIGH. Dead links. Thanks :D

SKT174
26-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Yep, as I said before, unless the loading zone sign has a supplementary sign that says Goods Vehicles Only, anyone can park there to load/unload goods/passengers.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/traffic-control-devices-manual/part-13-parking-control/4-5-parking-provision.html

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/traffic-control-devices-manual/part-13-parking-control/6-0-linear-parking.html

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/traffic-control-devices-manual/sign-specifications/title-list.html?CatID=269

Don't know about Auckland but Hamilton have lots of Loading Zones without the Goods Vehicles Only supplementary sign.

PaulD
26-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I've seen many times a Loading Zone that is capable of accommodates 2 cars, yet the car parked occupied just over half of that space (because the driver can't be bothered to move a meter forward or backward)...

I'd do that too if I was picking up something about 3m long and didn't want someone blocking access to my rear door :P

PinoyKiw
27-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Bull bars would be useful clearance indicators when reversing out if it was still there when leaving.

Bull bars are also very useful for putting a decent dent or mark into the car beside you..........whether you are parked correctly or not.

I have lost count of how many times in mining towns, wife is driving husbands 4wd tank dings car beside with the roo bar..........

coldfront
27-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Bull bars are also very useful for putting a decent dent or mark into the car beside you..........whether you are parked correctly or not.

I have lost count of how many times in mining towns, wife is driving husbands 4wd tank dings car beside with the roo bar..........

Next question is how many leave details or pay for the repairs of the vehicles accidently dinged that are parked correctly?:annoyed: