PDA

View Full Version : Former explosives technician with the Australian Army, talks Pike River

wmoore
24-11-2010, 02:34 AM
Audio (http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Jeremy-former-explosives-technician-with-the-Australian-Army-talks-Pike-River/tabid/506/articleID/17513/Default.aspx)from radio live

Very interesting.

Paul.Cov
24-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah, too busy appearing to do the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

However, not an enviable position for those calling the shots - damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Must admit, this seemed terribly PC, since a century ago guys would have rushed back in for their mates, and would have been using lamps with a flame to light their way.

B.M.
24-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Well bug..r me, just what I've been saying all along.

Don't know if this link will work but here goes:

http://www.radiolive.co.nz/Jeremy-former-explosives-technician-with-the-Australian-Army-talks-Pike-River/tabid/506/articleID/17513/Default.aspx

The prospects of the Shiny Asses that wouldn’t let anyone in look as bleak as the Miners. :mad:

Digby
24-11-2010, 07:07 AM
Pippa just interviewed a US "gas expert"

He could not say if the gases in there are safe or not.
He could not tell if pumping fresh air in to the mine would be good or not.

Lucky we have all these experts!

Chilling_Silence
24-11-2010, 07:57 AM
I saw Campbell Live last night, first major show I've watched on the subject. It was very enlightening and well worth the watch!

prefect
24-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah, too busy appearing to do the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

However, not an enviable position for those calling the shots - damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Must admit, this seemed terribly PC, since a century ago guys would have rushed back in for their mates, and would have been using lamps with a flame to light their way.

Safety flame lamps though.
I think the mates thing you wrote is right, mateship might be a thing of the past. Whats important now is fluro safety jackets, plastic hard hats, safety harnesses and guards around machine.