PDA

View Full Version : Malware preventing computer from booting?

basword
22-11-2010, 07:12 PM
I was browsing and Antivir software beeped and warned about malware. Was asked if I wanted to delete. I clicked yes and afterwards computer started to slow down and freeze up. I tried to do restore, but no points were showing even though i always keep System restore turned on.
I then tried to start in safe mode by F8, but wouldn't work. I ran Malwarebytes and it showed 5 problems and asked if i wanted to delete. I clicked yes. It said i would have to restart to delete 3 of them.
I did that but windows just keeps trying to restart and when i do F8 "start windows normally" is highlighted and I can't scroll up to safe mode.
I went into bios and set it to boot up to cd and inserted my windows XP, but it won't do that either.
I reset my memory modules because after all this started there was a file on my desktop. I didn't open it, but when i googled it, i read something about memory being affected. Now i can't remember the file name....please help

Speedy Gonzales
22-11-2010, 07:49 PM
What was the name of the file Antivir warned you about?

basword
22-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't remember...seems like the one on the desktop started with L, but not sure