PDA

View Full Version : Printing Web Pages

18-09-2001, 08:08 AM
I have an Epson680 printer which operates satisfactorily when printing normal file material. On the other hand,when I try to print a web page both on line and when the web page is retained on the screen off line, it will only print in the top right corner of the printed page 'Page 1 of 1', in the bottom right corner the date and in the bottom left corner file://C:WINDOWS\TEMP\tri 'then 5 upper case letters which vary with the web page,followed by ' .htm Other than thse 3 items the printed page is blank. The print dialogue box seems OK except the lower third relating to printing links and print frames and the print selection button are greyed out. Incidentally, I have tried the maker's Help line without success.

18-09-2001, 08:30 PM
Try different webpages, the simpler the better. Assuming you're using IE5+ then slect a portion of the webpage and the hit Ctrl+P. Choose print selection only and see what happens. If it's still no go then open IE and then open up a simple text file through File->Open and print that. That should print and prove it's the webpage content that is probably the problem.

19-09-2001, 04:23 PM
Thank You 'Big Mike'
All is now well.