PDA

View Full Version : TM- time wasters

Nomad
19-11-2010, 09:12 AM
In your experience is this common?

I've always provided extra enlarged images on another site. So they get all the info. I answer all questions.

This fella was relatively prompt in replying emails - a few days.
He is about an hours drive away so he said he would drive in for a pickup within a week.
I emailed him back.
Then he falls quite sick, I gave him a few more weeks like a total of 4 or so ..
I emailed him back and he said he would arrange payment and email me back.
A week goes pass ..
Now I am thinking of getting my refund from TM and relist it.

Christmas is not far away from the corner :dogeye:
Looking at his past auctions, he has bought 2 auctions which had a similar finishing date of mine - from the positive reviews.

I used to provide courier post only as the option, I may resort back to that now given the tracking ability. Felt a bit nice last time to give them parcel post as it was cheaper.

qazwsxokmijn
19-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Just relist it, give him bad feedback. You don't have to put up with time wasters like this guy.

user
19-11-2010, 09:20 AM
If they are not going to pick it up within a few days, I would ask for payment first so they are committed to buying it. I think this is a reasonable attitude for sellers to have since they stand to lose if the buyer is a time waster.

I did this when I sold my motorbike and the buyer was on the other island and needed to make arrangements to pick it up at a later date. He had no problems with paying immediately and understood my situation.

prefect
19-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I look at their feedback if they ask questions and blacklist them if they bid I remove bid and blacklist them. Got 254 trades 100% yellow faces never had many problems other than some people being a bit slow.
My blacklist is now 522

Nomad
19-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Couldn't get my refund of my fees too cos it was past 28 days :(

pctek
19-11-2010, 09:34 AM
I look at their feedback if they ask questions and blacklist them if they bid I remove bid and blacklist them. Got 254 trades 100% yellow faces never had many problems other than some people being a bit slow.
My blacklist is now 522

Bit over the top.
I will sell to most. I won't buy from ones with bad feedback - BUT, the feedback system isn't perfect and I'll read them, not just look at the faces (retalitory feedbacks). If they were at fault well, yes, avoid. But sometimes they weren't.

I would rather not jump to conclusions.

However timely responses after an auction is what counts, if they stall for ages, well I wouldn't bother. Even if sick, they could ask someone else to collect couldn't they>