PDA

View Full Version : Half speed broadband

jareemon
18-11-2010, 08:55 AM
When I first got broadband here, I got 14mb/s.
After a week, it was down to less than 7mbps, according to my router and speedtest.net.
I have adsl2+ in my area and should be getting 14mbps like i was in the first week.
Funny thing is, the exact same thing happened when a friend got bb in a different city a few months ago, same modem, same isp... (netcomm nb14wn, slingshot)
My modem is connected as adsl2+ according to the status page but i changed it from auto sync up to adsl2+ and it wouldnt connect, so i changed it back.
Does this mean I'm only on adsl 1 or...?

w000t
25-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Try setting the modem to MultiMode, it should connect as ADSL2+.

Also what modem do you have?

You could try upgrading or re-flashing the firmware.

jareemon
25-11-2010, 07:51 AM
yeah it's on auto sync up and the status says it's connected as adsl2+... i have a nb14wn

Chilling_Silence
25-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Who's your ISP? Sounds like a non-telecom ISP thats oversubscribing?
According to http://www.telecomwholesale.co.nz/maps I presume it'll say you've got ADSL2+

In your router, what's your sync speed show?

Snorkbox
25-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I don't think ADSL2 is available in Tokoroa. It isn't where I am.

Nomad
25-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Did the modem in question worked before in full speed?
Have you tried a diff modem at your premise?

I did have the same Netcomm and that wouldn't connect at fullspeed either, and in the GUI it said it was on ADSL_2PLUS. Perhaps it's a issue with all of this model or maybe over time they go bad .....

Chilling_Silence
25-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Tokoroa already have ADSL2+ cabinets, with VDSL2 next month.

I'd point the finger at your ISP personally ...

jareemon
25-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Who's your ISP? Sounds like a non-telecom ISP thats oversubscribing?
According to http://www.telecomwholesale.co.nz/maps I presume it'll say you've got ADSL2+

In your router, what's your sync speed show?
Services available at this address:

ADSL2+
VDSL2 from Dec 2010

the modem gui says i have 7mbps downstream, and it did say 14mbps downstream when i first joined and was doing speed tests at 14mbps.

Did the modem in question worked before in full speed?
Have you tried a diff modem at your premise?

I did have the same Netcomm and that wouldn't connect at fullspeed either, and in the GUI it said it was on ADSL_2PLUS. Perhaps it's a issue with all of this model or maybe over time they go bad .....
dont have another adsl2+, and yes the same modem was connecting at 14mbps.

Tokoroa already have ADSL2+ cabinets, with VDSL2 next month.

I'd point the finger at your ISP personally ...
yea thats what i thought. but its so exhausting trying to get them to do anything about anything (slingshot btw)

Chilling_Silence
25-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I'd ditch them personally .... They've gone downhill lately since they did the "unlimited" plan, adversely affecting all their customers from what I've been hearing?