PDA

View Full Version : Can's see the OK button

Billy
18-11-2010, 06:57 AM
I want to change my Adobe PDF Reader settings but I can't access the OK button.

I'm on full display resolution 1366 X 768. (Laptop) I can't go any higher!

I've used Auto-Hide on the tool bar.

Any ideas?

Windows 7

pctek
18-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Make the window smaller.

Press Enter.

Alt and whatever the key is.

Safari
18-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Tryu pressing Tab and Enter several times

SP8's
18-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Just tried mine and it comes up in a window about 1/2 a screen size with OK button clearly visable .... maybe you should do another install .... something might be corrupt ... but then again, I'm working with XP and it may be a Win7 thing.

The Error Guy
18-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Its just that the windows has "slipped" behind the Taskbar (it does that sometimes) just try to resize the window. to check, press win+tab to scroll through the windows, if the whole "preferences" window + ok button can be seen in the aero preview then its not a bad install, you just can't see it and need to figure out how to resize the window

ronyville
18-11-2010, 09:41 AM
I want to change my Adobe PDF Reader settings but I can't access the OK button.

Possibly it doesnt require the OK button to submit changes. Have you tried making the changes and going back to pdf documents to see if it has worked?

jareemon
18-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I doubt it's a bad install, probably just an oversized preferences box that wasn't designed to be resized.
Try what pctek said, press tab a few times until the ok button is likely to be selected, then press enter. I don't think there is an 'alt' shortcut for the OK button.
Failing that, try ctrl+alt+right (the right arrow key) this, on some computers, will change the orientation to portrait, so you'll have to tilt your head, press ok, then press ctrl+alt+up to return to normal screen orientation.

SolMiester
18-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Just move the damn mouse to the corner of the dialog window and resize, its not that hard!

jareemon
18-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Just move the damn mouse to the corner of the dialog window and resize, its not that hard!
It's a dialog box, sol, I don't think it can be resized.

SoniKalien
18-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Just press Enter when finished :)

or.. alt+spacebar, cursor down once (move), enter, then use your cursor keys to move the box up.

SolMiester
18-11-2010, 12:10 PM
It's a dialog box, sol, I don't think it can be resized.

Ooo, your right, then I would click and drag the title bar up to show the ok button

SP8's
18-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Over 6 hours now ... wonder how long it would have taken to do a fresh install just to check ??

jareemon
18-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Ooo, your right, then I would click and drag the title bar up to show the ok button
well, that appears to be the problem: his maximum vertical resolution of 768p means the preferences dialog box is so big that it take up the extremity of the entire height of the screen, and since the OK button is behind the taskbar, and the title bar is already right at the top of the screen, it cant be moved any further up, because to do that, the mouse pointer would need to be able to move outside of the screen area.

SolMiester
18-11-2010, 02:32 PM
well, that appears to be the problem: his maximum vertical resolution of 768p means the preferences dialog box is so big that it take up the extremity of the entire height of the screen, and since the OK button is behind the taskbar, and the title bar is already right at the top of the screen, it cant be moved any further up, because to do that, the mouse pointer would need to be able to move outside of the screen area.
But it doesnt look like its quite at the top to me.....nvm, Billy hasnt come back to us anyway! He could of put the taskbar on autohide as well!

jareemon
18-11-2010, 02:40 PM
he said he tried autohide... though autohide + moving the box up as far as possible, might just make a slither of the ok button visible :)
Indeed, for all we know he's fixed it and will never come back to pf1 :(

SoniKalien
18-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Indeed, for all we know he's fixed it and will never come back to pf1 :(

*pats jareemon on the back*

It's ok you have other friends here :D