PDA

View Full Version : Recording Call Minder

Billy
17-11-2010, 08:29 PM
For sentimental reasons, I want to copy my Telecom call minder messages eg as audio files. (There is a recording there of my Mum who has now passed away.)

Can anyone recommend any FREE software that will allow me to dial my call minder mail box from my computer and then record the messages to my computer.

SoniKalien
17-11-2010, 09:05 PM
If you have a voice/fax/data dialup modem, and have sound drivers installed for it, (should showing up in audio devices as Phone line or such) most audio recording programs should be able to record from it.

wainuitech
17-11-2010, 10:22 PM
When I was running XP I had ezphonerecorder (http://www.ezphonerecorder.sunshinesoftsolutions.com/) installed.

As SoniKalien mentioned, it runs through a 56K dial up modem - the modem generally has two sockets. The phone line from the wall goes to one, then the phone goes to the other. When wanting to record you simply have the program open and hit record, it records the complete conversation - or in your case the message. Free for 15 days.

Reason for using it:

I had it because at the time I had two people who said " I never said that" -- they were going to be court cases (I just knew it) having the actual conversations made all the difference, even after warning them the calls were being recorded. Cant repeat what one guy said even after warning him :xmouth: :eek: I dont give a **** if you are ****ing recording you ****in ******.

Billy
17-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks WainuiTech
What format was the conversation stored in. EG a wav file?

wainuitech
18-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah billy -- I think it was WAV.

Been a few years since I had to use it so its only going from memory, but the recording could be played in XP's Windows Media Player.

dugimodo
18-11-2010, 11:26 AM
a really crude way if you're stuck is just to hold a microphone up to the phone and record that way. Not fantastic but it works.

The Error Guy
18-11-2010, 03:32 PM
a really crude way if you're stuck is just to hold a microphone up to the phone and record that way. Not fantastic but it works.

or get a 3.5mm jack + wire off some old headphones or similar and wire it onto an old 2nd hand telephone speaker.

plug the lead into your computers mic port and then use any recording program you want, or even windows built in sound recorder