PDA

View Full Version : Elive - Anyone know anything about this site?

Yukrato
17-11-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www.elive.co.nz

Just wondering if they are reliable, as I have not heard anyone really suggest them.
Thanks in advance.

wratterus
17-11-2010, 01:10 PM
IMO you're better to stick with Ascent, Computer Lounge, Playtech or PBTech.

Yukrato
17-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Are they all North Island based?

CYaBro
17-11-2010, 01:48 PM

They are an online store only so not really based anywhere.
Their head office is in Albany according to their site.

They get 3 1/2 stars, out of 5, from GPForums so they are above average but as stated above I would stick with those.

pctek
17-11-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?

AVOID

AvonBill
17-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I've used them to buy a couple of wireless mice and they were excellent to deal with.
I'm in Christchurch and so their free freight policy on standard items made their prices very attractive.
Many of the Auckland based etailors charge $15 or more to ship even small items to the South Island.

wratterus
17-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Ascent and CL don't charge freight.

B.M.
17-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Spent about $3k recently with them (for two ASUS Laptops and accessories) without any problems.

Don't know about after sales service and don't want to find out. :D

pctek
17-11-2010, 03:05 PM
It's not BUYING. Anyone will sell to you nicely. It;s what happens after that separates the good from the Disputes Tribunal.

B.M.
17-11-2010, 03:15 PM
It's not BUYING. Anyone will sell to you nicely. It;s what happens after that separates the good from the Disputes Tribunal.

Yes, I know, but the price was right :) and it was ASUS and Logitech stuff, still in the manufactures box, so I figured regardless of who I bought it off, it was going to wind up back at the manufactures anyway if there was a problem.

DeSade
17-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Paradigm and Computer Lounge are my two favourites.

Nomad
18-11-2010, 03:55 PM
IMO you're better to stick with Ascent, Computer Lounge, Playtech or PBTech.

I rate the best is Computer Lounge.
Playtech and PBTech has domestic courier charges right ... PBT sure does.

I am based in Wellington, have used Ascent, they are v good but not when they deal with returns. I found it like talking to a robot with v rigid policies. I bought a piece of hardware, didn't work out, within 24hr I contacted them and they said there would be a restocking fee even at the time when I was happy to buy something else more $$ and payt he difference.

They just said it will be sent out to be tested, if it is nothing wrong and just due to incompatibility, I'll have to keep it if I didn't request a refund less the restocking fee.

Whereas in the past, CL, was able to be human and allow me to upgrade and pay the difference. Like, I had a video card, it kept on disconnecting and reconnecting my monitor. CL couldn't fault it. They were happy for me to change to the ATI and pay the $30 or so .. difference.

Within a year the video card overheated (happens eh .. that's life), CL received it the next morning via courier - tested it straight away and rang my cellphone and then shipped me the new one the same day. Now that's service. I also sent them the Nvidia receipt instead and they said don't worry, they can source the ATI receipt. :thumbs:

Nomad
18-11-2010, 04:04 PM

Many of them are free courier overnight. But hats off to Computer Lounge.
Get them to build you a system and ship to the South :p

Myth
18-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I generally use Computer Lounge, Elive, and Ascent.

Never had an issue with any of them

sk69ersnz
18-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Just bought a new pc from Computer Lounge,they even threw in a crapload of bits and pieces and the boxes for the components.I recommend them.