PDA

View Full Version : MalwareBytes

kjaada
17-11-2010, 10:55 AM
3 OS'S on my PC 2, linux one W7:
Yesterday I ran Malware bytes on W7 and this morning Thunderbird will
not connect to my imap email on any of the systems.I can connect with sylpheed on the linux systems but with TBird I get "enter new password"
Linux on live cd is ok with my password.Have deleted all I could find with TBird
and reinstalled but no go.
I can only assume the 2 "things" found by malwarebytes which I deleted are the problem.BL...Y Windows:
Before I do a complete new install any ideas ?

Speedy Gonzales
17-11-2010, 10:58 AM
So what did you delete with mbam? I used to use Imap, but it kept timing out or something, I changed it back to pop. And TB isnt that easy to configure (in windows). It thinks it knows the settings (it doesnt)

kjaada
17-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I have restored the 2 "things" but still up the wop.
I can not understand how the 3 OS,s are affected and other puters on my network are OK.
Linux is safe as but it must be a TBird problem.I tried eliminating everything with Tbird in it
on Puppy and then reinstalling but no go.
I did not think it was possible for "things" to cross over from one OS to another.If that is true
then it must be a server problem.This started when I first tried checking my mail at 5am and it
was not until my partner got up and went on at 8am that I realized it was my problem cause she connected and got her emails.

kjaada
17-11-2010, 11:47 AM
All is a OK ??????
Not sure why but it appears to me as if the reinstall of the 2 things removed by MWBs
took a bit of time to "kick in"

smurf
17-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Who is your ISP? I had the same problem this morning on two different computers-one running Windows XP and MS Outlook the other W7 running Thunderbird. My ISP is Vodafone and I contacted them and was told that there was a problem with both Outlook and Thunderbird and their server. It has come right on Outlook and I am now off to try Thunderbird

smurf
17-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Thunderbird now working too after having to put in my original password into the box you mentioned

kjaada
17-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Vodofone BUT my partners machine worked OK.
All is now back to normal but not at all sure of the solution.
It really appeared to be an "outside" influence.Otherwise only one
OS should have had trouble.

kjaada
17-11-2010, 04:27 PM
It surprises me there were not more posts earlier but I guess there are only a few of us using Tbird LOL

smurf
17-11-2010, 04:44 PM
True...and by the way..my wife's computer which is on the same network running XP Pro and MS Outlook wasn't affected.....It appears from what Vodafone say..the problem may have been cause by some (ms) updates?