PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Coalition - Our Foreshore & Seabed

Strommer
12-11-2010, 08:45 AM
Found this via a leaflet in our letter box. Looks good to me - what do you think?

"The foreshore & seabed is the birthright and common heritage of all New Zealanders and should remain in Crown ownership."
http://www.nzcpr.com/CoastalCoalition.htm
Sign the petition. Make a donation.

By the end of summer, John Key plans to have repealed Crown ownership through his Marine and Coastal Area Bill, opening the way for the effective privatisation of the foreshore and seabed ...to corporate iwi. The Attorney General estimates that ten percent of the coastline will pass into private Maori hands as a result... of the bill, but the Maori Party has already stated it will not stop until the whole of New Zealand's coastline - right out to the 200 mile Exclusive Economic Zone - is owned and controlled by Maori.

29 Oct 2010: 77% oppose National's plan to repeal Foreshore and Seabed Law.

gary67
12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
I have been a signatory for a while now I would prefer the Crown to own the seabed and foreshore, so that we All can keep enjoying them for free. If Maori want it so bad they should be prepared to offer something in trade such as Honawira's head on a stake

martynz
12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
This is the THIRD time (correct me if I'm wrong) in the last 3 months that this issue has been raised on this forum.
Please Mods can you merge the threads.

R2x1
12-11-2010, 08:31 PM
I have been a signatory for a while now I would prefer the Crown to own the seabed and foreshore, so that we All can keep enjoying them for free. If Maori want it so bad they should be prepared to offer something in trade such as Honawira's head on a stake
Could you raise the stakes a little more?

prefect
12-11-2010, 11:14 PM

Ha ha the maoris will own the caves maybe they will have EFTPOS terminals at the entrance so you can pay as you cave so to speak.

gary67
13-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Could you raise the stakes a little more?

Why can't you see them?

wratterus
13-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Ha ha the maoris will own the caves maybe they will have EFTPOS terminals at the entrance so you can pay as you cave so to speak.

:lol:

Nah it'll be cash only bro, and tamiti will head straight down the switched on gardener to get....fireworks while you cave.

gary67
13-11-2010, 09:25 AM
It's Ok I heard the Maori party are putting in for customary title of Apple and Lucas to go with their claim for Motueka