PDA

View Full Version : Steam and Black Ops

toonttm
09-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi,

I got a copy of Black Ops today, followed the install instructions as per normal, get to a screen saying STEAM is updating and thats it.

Sometimes it gets to 4% after 10 mins then goes back to 0%. It is not say unresponsive etc, just doesn't update.

The game box says you must have a STEAM account to install, I have 1 and even made a new one, but I don't even get to sign-in, all it says is "updating 0%"

ideas please...

Trev
09-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Sometimes Steam can be a bit slow. Give it at least 30mins or longer to update if nothing happens then log on to the Steam support forum and ask there.
:)

8ftmetalhaed
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
It also could be that the servers are under a bit of strain or have no open download slots, given that it was only released today.

Could try reinstalling stream.

Or check here.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

Trev
09-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Are you a parrot ?
:)

8ftmetalhaed
09-11-2010, 09:08 PM
steam being slow and the servers being under strain are different. steam is always slow. the servers aren't often under strain.
or something, I don't know. I

And I gave him a link, if nothing else.
;)

Trev
09-11-2010, 09:39 PM
:rolleyes:

toonttm
10-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies..took 3 hours to get STEAM updated! Quite often it would get to 4 - 6% then do nothing, it got to 19% once and then done nothing - not once did it ever say it was not-responding. The time it did work it actually did say it was not responding for about 5 mins then finally done the update. I'm lost for reasons just happy the damn thing actually went in the end :)