PDA

View Full Version : Paradise email - spam asking for log in details

Beemer
09-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Paradise email seems to be working again but the first email I got was filed in spam and supposedly sent by Paradise webmail administrators.

It said unusual activity had been detected on my account and I should email them my user name and log in details to ensure my account remained active. I copied the text and emailed it to Paradise's help desk then deleted it.

I wondered how long it would take people to try something like this! I was tempted to reply and ask if they'd also like my bank account and credit card details!

Speedy Gonzales
09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Ring them you'll soon find out if they sent it

Snorkbox
09-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Ring them you'll soon find out if they sent it

Why ring them and spend hours on the phone possibly?

Speedy Gonzales
09-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Why not. Better than spending all day trying to figure out who sent it

Beemer
09-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I haven't spent any time trying to find out who sent it (didn't look at the address it came from before deleting it) as I immediately thought it was spam. I sent an email to Paradise's help desk to alert them to the email, so they could perhaps post a warning on their website.

I certainly won't be ringing them - god, that's torture enough when you genuinely need to speak to them!

I just posted it here to warn people in case others were dumb enough to believe it was genuine. Obviously we're all far too clever for that, aren't we?

wainuitech
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I should email them my user name and log in details Spam Alright - Why would Telstra be asking for your Login Details, they already have it on record.

Bit like banks ( spam) asking for the same info. The real bank already know the details, they may not know your passwords, but they can look at your accounts without them any way if they had to for some legit reason.

PinoyKiw
09-11-2010, 06:33 PM
This one pops up from time to time. There was a run of them a few months ago for Snap and Paradise.

Just another scam baiting up suckers.

mikebartnz
10-11-2010, 09:16 AM
It said unusual activity had been detected on my account and I should email them my user name and log in details to ensure my account remained active. I copied the text and emailed it to Paradise's help desk then deleted it.
If you can try and send the message source instead of the text as that will give them the headers as well and if the scammers aren't too bright it might catch them.

pctek
10-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Better than spending all day trying to figure out who sent it

Why would you do that either? No-one except scammers send mails like that.Who cares where/who they are?

Speedy Gonzales
10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Delete it then, then we'll all be happy