PDA

View Full Version : Snouts in troughs already

Scouse
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Didn't take them long - power hungry and now money hungry b*.....'s.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4317632/Councillors-already-demanding-pay-rise

SoniKalien
07-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Here's an idea - pay them less - that way they can attract people who truly want to make a difference rather than those who just want a quick buck.

Lawrence
07-11-2010, 03:46 PM
It was always going to be a poison chalice who ever got in .

Be only be in for a single term so milk it for all it's worth

robbyp
07-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought it was supposed to be a public service, similar to jury service, where you get paid a fee appropriate to your costs. Some of these councilors have more than one position, so they would multiply their fess by the number of boards they are on. I believe there is at least one councilor who is on at least 5 boards. $80,000 is a huge wage for a councilor.

prefect
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Funny big hair Hulse didnt say much when she was campaigning in West Auckland for our votes about the salary not being enough.
I dont like her I think she is a commie anyway.

Scouse
07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I see that thicko ex-cop George Wood was "surprised" by the pay levels, even though they were published back in June.
Quote:
Her comments were supported by North Shore councillor George Wood, who said he was "surprised" by the remuneration levels.

KenESmith
08-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Those elected councillors who don't like their remuneration package have the solution to the problem in their own hands.

Resign.

A by- election should bring forward candidates who would be happy to be a concillor for the going rate.

In the unlikely evant that there are no suitably qualified applicants, then perhaps a further look can be taken at this generous level of remuneration, which is well above what the vast majority of their constituents earn - especially when being a councillor is not full time employment.

SolMiester
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Didnt see any of them complaining about the pay when they were out there trying to get the votes............okay, we are in now, lets go get some more money....honk honk!

R2x1
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
As a protest at the shockingly small pay packets they should line up in Aotea Square and ritually disembowel themselves over the garden bits. The SAS band could provide suitable music (for a fee).
That'll show wee Rodney just who is whom.

ubergeek85
08-11-2010, 11:32 PM
**** 'em, **** 'em all.

09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
"and councillors an $80,000 base rate, with more allocated to committee chairs, though the exact amount is unclear. "

How much would they REALLY get paid if they had to find another job.
Actual median NZ wage is around $25K
I agree, if they dont like the pay, resign immediately. We dont want them.
I'll gladly swap jobs with em
:angry

KenESmith
09-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Remember that being a Councillor is not a full time job.

Bloody good pay for part timers.