PDA

View Full Version : SAS Guns For Hire

Twelvevolts
07-11-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4317060/SAS-guns-for-hire

This non-story greeted me as the headline when I picked up my Sunday Star Times from the driveway this morning. One would think from the headline that someone had hired the SAS to do a hit on a business rival, the truth is of course nothing transpired of any real interest at all.

That the Minister should call for a report is ridiculous, he should tell the Sunday Star Times there is nothing to report on. How this qualifies as investigative journalism is beyond me and as with a lot of recent stories in this publication, it amounts to little more than gossip.

somebody
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Did you really expect anything better from the Sunday Star Times?

SP8's
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Listen .... the SAS have to pay for their ammo somehow ... :devil

Cicero
07-11-2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4317060/SAS-guns-for-hire

This non-story greeted me as the headline when I picked up my Sunday Star Times from the driveway this morning. One would think from the headline that someone had hired the SAS to do a hit on a business rival, the truth is of course nothing transpired of any real interest at all.

That the Minister should call for a report is ridiculous, he should tell the Sunday Star Times there is nothing to report on. How this qualifies as investigative journalism is beyond me and as with a lot of recent stories in this publication, it amounts to little more than gossip.

To wich you have just added,I had never heard of the rubbish.

Well done.

Snorkbox
07-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Exactly!! If it's a non story then why shout it from the rooftops?

Twelvevolts
07-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Exactly!! If it's a non story then why shout it from the rooftops?

Writing it here is shouting it from the rooftops exactly, but one live in hope that they might actually cut this sort of crap reporting out.

Snorkbox
07-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Why would you expect the reporters not to report crap when you don't refrain from passing on the same crap? :(

Cicero
07-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Why would you expect the reporters not to report crap when you don't refrain from passing on the same crap? :(

Error Snork,
do not expect reason from a wonker.

Trev
07-11-2010, 01:25 PM
For snorkbox(sweep) and Cicero forum rule number 1.

1) Keep it friendly: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. If you feel a thread or post is offensive do not respond in kind. Use the Report this post link to alert a moderator. Personal attacks on members, moderators or staff will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancelling of forum membership.

:)

Cicero
07-11-2010, 01:40 PM

1) Keep it friendly: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. If you feel a thread or post is offensive do not respond in kind. Use the Report this post link to alert a moderator. Personal attacks on members, moderators or staff will not be tolerated and may result in immediate cancelling of forum membership.

I get your point ,[edited]

How is that?

Snorkbox
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM

I see no personal attack from me in this thread. Would you kindly point same out for me if you would please. If you saw such then why not take your own advice and use the "Report this post link"?

Also. Have you suddenly beome a Moderator? I have seen no announcement to that effect to date.

johcar
07-11-2010, 02:34 PM
This 'story' is exactly why I don't buy the Sunday Star Times. And I point this out to the idiots that ring me trying to get me to sign up as a subscriber every time they phone.

Hasn't made a difference yet.

Maybe a few cancelled subscriptions would get their attention...

SoniKalien
07-11-2010, 03:59 PM
So is this a non-thread about a non-story...? What a waste of internet... :p