PDA

View Full Version : SE X10 mini pro

pine-o-cleen
05-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyone have this phone? I'm thinking this is the phone for me. Pros / cons?

Chilling_Silence
05-11-2010, 06:51 PM
They're not bad phones, be even better running the newer Android OS version.

What do you wanna know about them?

pine-o-cleen
05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Well now I'm really confused!

I really want an android phone, and it seems a lot of them have come down in price rapidly, but which one!? What I really want to know is which is going to give me the best bang for buck? But, coolness factor comes in to it too. What do you have Chill?

pine-o-cleen
05-11-2010, 08:24 PM
This review was quite scathing about the X10 mini pro, but that was written when it had Android 1.6. Has there been much improvement since later releases?

http://www.ben.geek.nz/2010/07/sony-ericsson-x10-mini-pro-review/

Ninjabear
05-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Android has improved since that version so I wouldn't based on that review since it's like comparing windows xp and windows 7.

Hmm although I must say android 1.6 was a wee bit slow in terms of OS speed.

What about the Xperia x10?

johcar
06-11-2010, 08:10 AM
If you want cool, then the Nexus One is the one to go for (both Chill and I have one - all the cool kids have a Nexus One!!! :D).

Really nice form factor, as well as being a good phone (among many other things). And will always be the first to get the latest OS upgrades since it is the developers' phone of choice. Nexus One, for the same reason, will usually have the best compatibility with the apps that are available in the Android Marketplace.

Many of the other brands have OS customisations that require additional development by the handset manufacturer before the latest and greatest can be released.

If you want extra bling, then the Samsung Galaxy i9000T (http://store.telecom.co.nz/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung-galaxy-i9000t) is the beast of choice (provided you have deep enough pockets - but then if you can afford an N1, you can afford a Galaxy).

8GB of internal memory!! Against the Nexus One's 500MB... :( But but have the facility to insert micro-SD cards up to 32GB.

One word of warning about the Nexus One - when you're buying, be aware that there is a Telecom-compatible version (only available from overseas - or second hand on Trademe, maybe) and the Vodafone-compatible version. Don't believe the claims by Trademe sellers that it will work on both networks. It doesn't - at least the 3G component won't (and why would you be buying one of these unless you wanted to use data over 3G?).

pine-o-cleen
06-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Ok, so I decided to go with the x-10 mini pro. Mostly because of the huge drop in price ($375 at DSE) and because vodafone are offering $200 free credit when you buy a handset over $199! So yeah, the price really sealed the deal for me.

Now I just have to convince the Mrs that I should be allowed my Christmas present before the day!

Chilling_Silence
06-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Awesome!!! :D

Yeah most of the complaints that the majority of people have about the device are gone with the Android-2.1 update :)