PDA

View Full Version : The End of the ARC

WalOne
04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Brilliant! The staff of the ARC in their lip sync tribute to Auckland. As one reviewer said, if we'd known they were that much fun, we would have kept them.

Goodbye my lover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Gc8M_P7Bo&feature=player_embedded)

:thanks ARC

04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Good riddance.
About the best thing about the amalgamation. I just hope NONE of them have jobs with the new council.

:clap :clap :clap :clap

So no more rate funded million $ losses on single soccer games.
Soccer was obviously a core function of the ARC - did anyone actually get fired over that one??

WalOne
04-11-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't think it's fair to blame the political machinations of the ARC, on its staff. These are real talented people individually facing redundancies, career changes, hardships, and more. Yet they can have a fun time saying goodbye to their careers, their livelihoods. Their esprit de corps in spite of adversity, is at a high level.

It's a great clip. Especially the second half.

Lighten up and enjoy it..

decibel
04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
When I was a kid and living in Auckland, I can remember the introduction of the ARC.

It wasn't going to cost a SINGLE CENT as the savings made by amalgamating all the common services of the various councils was predicted to be massive.

Fast forward 40? years and guess how much money is going to be saved by creating a super-city?