PDA

View Full Version : Cell issue

DeSade
01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I got a cell from the Orcon network 020 number but it has a couple of problems that I cannot get answers about.

For a start it will not accept pxt, this is annoying as hell I have to have a computer to go to the site to see them. It is a smart phone and pxting is a standard feature so why won't it work?

It will also not recieve any txt's from twitter notification, I need this for work and again its a pain in the ass.

Phone is a Xperia X10 Mini running Android 1.6 on the Orcon (through Vodafone) network.

Any ideas?

jareemon
02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
You need to call vodafone and tell them to activate pxt on your phone, by default they send you a link to a website where you can view the photo, otherwise if your phone didnt have pxt capability you mightn't ever know you were sent a pxt if vodafone had it activated.
As for the twitter txts, it's probably a problem with twitter, try verifying your number again

johcar
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Try (re-)downloading the Twitter app from the Android Market - it may be that the one you have is the original one that came with the phone and is out of date.

DeSade
03-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Its not a app.
Its just signing up for txt notifications for various feeds.

My thinking is they just don't support the 020 yet.

jareemon
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
you could be quite correct there