http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20008972-52.html

Morgenmuffel
31-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Making the world's most cutting-edge aircraft carrier:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20008972-52.html

Hmmm the Construction director is Sam Vreeland, wonder if he's a rellie of SJ

prefect
31-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I can imagine what happens when the poms build a carrier one day some people would fit pipes and the next day they would be cut out to fit something else.
If anyone complains the union would go on strike.
Christ in past years I have cried with rage working on pommy equipment, they design stuff that is almost impossible to service in place or time consuming to remove and fit.
Thank **** except for JCB (****) they dont make much more machinery anymore.
The reason is blardy obvious people on the planet have had a gutsfull of pommy crap equipment.
The peak of pommy engineering was the Morris Marina

SurferJoe46
31-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Ahhh. Thanks for that information.

The Vreelands are a strange lot.

My mother (not an original Vreeland, but married into the name) told me that they were all black-hearted to the core Dutchmen who kidnapped beautiful blonde women, forcing them to marry them and proceed to make them miserable for the rest of their unnatural lives.

Prolly so, dat.

My German-Dutch (father's side) is constantly in fights with the Irish-English (mother's side) - these people don't like each other in life - and I am in utter internal mental conflict.

The rumor - unsubstantiated, but making every bit of sense as it's from my mom - is that the whole Vreeland clan was so-named when they arrived at Ellis Island, USA - in chains - after rowing the prison ship from Holland.

That sounds about right.

There were eight soles (five males - three females) from the same prison - and the name of the prison or their names was something-or-other in Dutch, so the Immigration Officer just called them all by the new made-up on the spot surname that sounded like what they were saying - 'Vreeland' - since he couldn't understand, say, let along spell the names they offered him for their welcoming papers.

If you meet a Vreeland - and not just a pretender to the throne - do not trust them.

Most are in sales ::: Used cars, lame/blind horses, used clothing and shoes, politicians or cat burglars.

If you're a blonde woman - run.

If they really name an aircraft carrier 'Vreeland's Really Big Ship' or any such moniker - it will rust and sink in ten years.

gary67
31-10-2010, 06:53 PM
I can imagine what happens when the poms build a carrier one day some people would fit pipes and the next day they would be cut out to fit something else.
If anyone complains the union would go on strike.
Christ in past years I have cried with rage working on pommy equipment, they design stuff that is almost impossible to service in place or time consuming to remove and fit.
Thank **** except for JCB (****) they dont make much more machinery anymore.
The reason is blardy obvious people on the planet have had a gutsfull of pommy crap equipment.
The peak of pommy engineering was the Morris Marina

What utter B&*lshi* of course it was crap it was for the export market not home use. Much along the lines of what China, Hong Kong, Taiwan do now

zqwerty
31-10-2010, 07:05 PM
List of world's most expensive single objects:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/List_of_world%27s_most_expensive_single_objects

Whenu
31-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Wonder if one of the carriers will be the USS Edsel

gary67
01-11-2010, 06:49 AM
Wonder if one of the carriers will be the USS Edsel

Of course not but I bet there would be a USS Mohamed and if we had any here there would have to be a NZN Hone

SurferJoe46
01-11-2010, 06:51 AM
Do youse guys have any idea what an Edsel is worth nowadays?