PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good system for the price?

Morgenmuffel
31-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Ok I just got a refund from IRD of $500 which has bumped my "replace my computer" fund up a bit

Is this a good computer?
http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=WKSPB1237

That is the absolute max I can afford to spend, and i haven't seen another system with specs quite as good for the price

Just as a note my current system was built 2003, so apart from peripherals and the OS (vista), there is very little i can reuse, although I would like to use my hard drives for back up

Mr_Olympia
31-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Its not bad, they have very similar systems on trademe that may be better, depending on if you want warranty or not. this has slightly better graphics card. either way it would kick the sh!t out of your old pc. better ask if it comes with windows though

Speedy Gonzales
31-10-2010, 10:12 AM
better ask if it comes with windows though

It doesnt. It says no software above it

Driftwood
31-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Might be better to put your refund into a high interest account. You'll probably get a letter in a few months from IRD saying they made an error & you actually owe them $600.

pctek
31-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Is this a good computer?
http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=WKSPB1237

Just as a note my current system , there is very little i can reuse,

Hmmm. Whats wrong with re-using your old case? Maybe not the PSU but the case???

It's fairly low end, you don't want it for gaming do you? But part wise, it's good brands........

Morgenmuffel
31-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Hmmm. Whats wrong with re-using your old case? Maybe not the PSU but the case???

It's fairly low end, you don't want it for gaming do you? But part wise, it's good brands........

Because i want it assembled, whilst i have assembled computers in the past from other peoples cast offs they were always cheap unwanted bits, I really don't want to run the risk of screwing up completely new bits that for me are expensive, and looking at that particular computer, and pricing out the bits at various suppliers, it seems cheaper than buying the individual parts, and i can't get a better system for the price (including shipping) that i have seen for under $700

I don't need an o/s, i have a brand new version of Vista ultimate sitting on the shelf thats never been used, and personally i prefer Vista to windows seven

I am not a gamer, but i may be using Photoshop occasionally, CS4 worked Ok-ish on my existing machine, I am more of a fireworks user and that doesn't seem to be as demanding.

If i could get high end i would get it, but I'd rather purchase from a shop (thats been in business for a while), than an Auction site where the is no comeback under the CGA.

And the parts seem good quality as you said

pctek
31-10-2010, 03:21 PM
i prefer Vista to windows seven

Right...........:illogical