PDA

View Full Version : sattelite decoder with HDMI ?

dubpir8
30-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Is there an affordable satellite decoder with HDMI input out there? I can't find any on trademe

The Error Guy
30-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Why would you want a decoder with HDMI inputs? I assume you really want outputs as I have never heard of decoders having many (if any) inputs, in some cases they had component video.

Also, what service will you be using this decoder for? freeview, sky etc

Trev
30-10-2010, 05:54 PM
If you are talking about Freeview, satellite Freeview is not transmitted in HD so you won't find one with an HDMI output. Terrestrial Freeview is transmitted in HD so a tuner will have a HDMI output.
:)

The Error Guy
30-10-2010, 10:07 PM
If you are talking about Freeview, satellite Freeview is not transmitted in HD so you won't find one with an HDMI output. Terrestrial Freeview is transmitted in HD so a tuner will have a HDMI output.
:)

Well Technically its possible for a DVB-S (sattelite receiver) to have HDMI, although there is not much point since HDMI is for HD signal, could be useful for clearing up all the wires though. if you are looking for freeview, a DVB-T tuner with HDMI will pick up the Fview terrestrial transmission in HD.

Not sure about international products but i'm pretty sure any (might be wrong here) DVB-T tuner can pick up the Fview channels

apsattv
30-10-2010, 10:34 PM
There are satellite receivers that support upscaling of the Freeview satellite service, they have HDMI of course

pine-o-cleen
30-10-2010, 11:06 PM
I have a Kaon satellite Freeview decoder that has an HDMI output.

dubpir8
01-11-2010, 09:18 PM
lol cheers pine-o-clean,
I need an HDMI input so I can hook the laptop up to the old tv which only has composite inputs, so I'd go laptop to decoder to tv, I don't watch much tv other ppl in the house do

The Error Guy
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
well, a FV decoder with an HDMI for an INPUT would be pretty hard to find I guess. i'd try to find some sort of converting hardware. then again. not sure it would even exist.

dubpir8
02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
mmm, haven't been able to find anything, might just have to use svideo and get some computer speakers to make the laptop louder or something, or a new TV xD

The Error Guy
03-11-2010, 07:51 AM
To be honest, TV's have come crashing down in price. you can get some pretty decent prices around, mostly with plasma TV's although some of the LCD and OLED Tv's are pretty good $ wise.

Good luck with whatever you choose