PDA

View Full Version : 3 Volcanoe eruptions within a week!

SolMiester
29-10-2010, 03:44 PM
That means Carbon Emissions are borked for years to come before we get back to where we were last month....LOL...Can someone tell me again why we bother with ETS?

Gobe1
29-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote: Nothing! Because if I take it to small claims court, it will just drain 8 hours out of my life and you probably won't show up and even if I got the judgment you'd just stiff me anyway; so what I am going to do is piss and moan like an impotent jerk, and then bend over and take it up the tailpipe! Doesnt have anything to do with volcanoes or ETS except the last 10 words but is one of my favourite quotes :)

wratterus
29-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Mumble mutter groan f@#^ing ETS mutter groan F#@^ing government mumble....

And so on.

Oh sol, funny thing I accidentaly stumbled across the other day, google image search: Dark Raider IP35

Would that be a certain someone's supercharged pride and joy? :D

Looks like your rego expired a few weeks ago... :p

Roscoe
30-10-2010, 02:57 PM
That means Carbon Emissions are borked for years to come before we get back to where we were last month....LOL...Can someone tell me again why we bother with ETS?

Exactly! Why bother? It only needs one volcano to put more emissions in the atmosphere than mankind ever has, so with three we are really stuffed!

As everyone knows volcanoes have been erupting for millions of years and yet somehow the earth does not appear to have suffered too much. Perhaps things are not as bad as the doomsayers reckon.

Paul.Cov
30-10-2010, 06:48 PM
There's volcanoes, and then there's super volcanoes!

An article in New Scientist I read recently was essentially saying how these rare super volcanoes are hundreds of times more powerful than the run-of-the-mill vanilla volcanoes we see all the time.

A super volcano would have a very significant effect across the enrire planet.

Possible sites of the next one... Yellowstone Nat Park in USA, Kraktoa, Taupo.

It's now reckoned that one in Indonesia may be what killed off the Dinosaurs.

If memory serves, the article said it'd be similar to the devastation from a 1km wide meteor impact from space, and in fact is more likely than such a space impact.

It's pretty much brown trowsers time for 6 billion people whenever the next one happens.

SP8's
30-10-2010, 06:52 PM
The end is nigh .... better get down the pub and have a beer ....

qazwsxokmijn
30-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Jesus Sol, you take the paper of whoever scientists appeasing your views like the holy grail.