PDA

View Full Version : Excel cell left blank on printout

Aggravated
29-10-2010, 08:42 AM
I have an Excel tab that I use as a template. It has standard information in some cells that are included in all uses of the template. In one instance of using this template, one of the cells containing standard information is printing out as a blank cell. This does not occur with any other uses of the template. The process I use is to make a copy of the template tab and make changes to the blank cells on the copy. None of the changes are printing blank. The data that is not printing is text, and the entry is not as wide as other entries in the same column which are printing properly. The font in the cell is the same as the font for all entries on the same line, and also the same font as all lines on the page except the title cell which is at the top of the page. The cell not printing is in the middle of other data which is printing properly. All other copies of the template tab using the same standard data are printing all data properly. The data that is not printing is showing properly in the print preview window. I have tried making a brand new tab and retyping the data from scratch without any change to the printout. I am threatening to stop using Excel altogether if I cannot find a solution to this problem, and I am hoping someone here can help.

pctek
29-10-2010, 08:51 AM
In one instance of using this template, one of the cells containing standard information is printing out as a blank cell.

All other copies of the template tab using the same standard data are printing all data properly.

I am threatening to stop using Excel altogether if I cannot find a solution to this problem, and I am hoping someone here can help.

Who are you threatening? I doubt anyone would care.....you could try the spreadsheet in Open Office, same thing but it's free.

And you say other copuies are fine. So, make another copy, and delete the faulty one. Could be corrupt.

kahawai chaser
29-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Try printing the cell itself and other individual cells, by using file - print - print area - select print area (or similar depending on version). Are they all text? Or text/numbers, text/hyperlinks, etc? or manually entered and copied in the cells?

Might mean you printer setting may need be changed or it's driver updated. Or the print quality in excel may need changing (e.g. from draft mode to quality, etc). Maybe can check to see if it prints in another software, e.g. Google Docs, Word or Abiword.

SolMiester
29-10-2010, 10:44 AM
You havent hit a key combo and changed font colour or something have you?