PDA

View Full Version : Wilce NZDF made to look like dumb asses

prefect
29-10-2010, 06:09 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10683815
What worries me is that managed to do a techy job for 5 years by sheer bluff.
Blardy Englanders.

pctek
29-10-2010, 07:55 AM
I've noticed most Job Agency people don't really get off their bums and do much.
Most govt depts are totally hopeless and too bogged down in bureacracy to even notice they aren't efficient anyway.

And state of the silly b**** on TV this morning saying teachers need to be paid more because they have to teach "21st century stuff now like Problem Solving and Working in a Group".

The Roman army and the ancient Greeks might have had a bit of a laugh about that. Not to mention the Eygptian pyramid builders too. I wonder how many of them had her type of school?

DeSade
29-10-2010, 08:04 AM
As far as I read, he was a lying blowhard after the fact but his CV was accurate and he was good in the job while there.

PaulD
29-10-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10683815
What worries me is that managed to do a techy job for 5 years by sheer bluff.
Blardy Englanders.

He wouldn't be the only manager doing his job by sheer bluff. He let his staff do their work unlike other managers that think they have to do it all :p

kahawai chaser
29-10-2010, 09:13 AM
There was that woman who had I think a fake PhD working for the Government. We once had a quality manger years ago, from a job agency, but also had fake credentials. But did a reasonable job.

prefect
29-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Pretty typical of defence was talking to an airforce guy who dropped his motorhome in for kingpin repair.
Said the airforce runs on bull**** if you play golf, yachting, are a maoris, get on the mess committee what ever that is you will go far.
There are like professional sports people who are always away on interbase and interservice sport competition while the slobs pick up their slack the sporties get promoted first.

pctek
29-10-2010, 11:37 AM
We once had a quality manger years ago, but also had fake credentials. But did a reasonable job.

Which shows that means bugger all. Experience is what matters.

Snorkbox
29-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Which shows that means bugger all. Experience is what matters.

Or alternatively it's not what you know but who you know!