PDA

View Full Version : ab circle pro??????

gradebdan
28-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Hi all thinking of buying an ab circle pro but can't seem to find the price of a new one .please could someone help.

goodiesguy
28-10-2010, 09:27 PM
God i hate that advert!!! grr, it pisses me off so much. it's played all the time and it really annoys me.

Personally i think its all a lie and is just bull.

Speedy Gonzales
28-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Probably have to go to the TVNZ site to find the number. Altho, by the looks of it, its crap

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/general-ab-circle-pro-message-board-3327470

somebody
28-10-2010, 09:37 PM
$399... 1-day.co.nz is being sued for selling knockoffs for 1/4 of the price.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10682641

Snorkbox
28-10-2010, 09:38 PM
They don't advertise the price. You have to phone and I can't be bothered.

SP8's
28-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Oohhh ..... someone wants "Buns of Steel" :D Think you'll find they're about $500 going by the ad ... but you can get a 30 day trial for $29.99

jareemon
28-10-2010, 09:50 PM
The Ab circle pro works, if you were to make use of it instead of hanging your clothes on it to dry. In saying that the build quality is probably bad.

But do you really need it? All you have to do is crunches every second day and oblique crunches every other day. Check out this (http://bodybuilding.com/)site

... but you can get a 30 day trial for $29.99
If you get a trial you'll have to pay a lot for postage if you want to return it

xyz823
28-10-2010, 09:56 PM
But do you really need it? All you have to do is crunches every second day and oblique crunches every other day.

Yea that will build up your muscle, but won't burn off any fat you have around the middle.

I recommend you go to a gym and start a well balanced exercise routine with cardio, abs, upper body and lower body.

Much better investment than getting an ab circle pro. Plus you will have trainers etc that can help you meet your goals at a gym.

Snorkbox
28-10-2010, 10:31 PM
But it only takes 3 minutes a day on the machine so we are told. :)

Good photoshop pics though.

--Wolf--
28-10-2010, 10:40 PM
The floor is better than any ab machine for STRONG abs.

If you want VISIBLE abs, start doing the cardio.

John Morison
28-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I will recommend you to consult some trainer and follow diet chart.

qazwsxokmijn
28-10-2010, 11:57 PM
If you want abs, you'll have to lose body fat first, and while there are tons of arguments about this, it's starting to be accepted that the result of a totally healthy diet will outdo most strenuous cardio exercises. Friend of mine did almost no cardio at all, only ate meats, veges and fruit, no potatoes, rice, bread of any kind for 5 weeks and lost 10kg. He does powerlifting (squats, deadlift, bench) but that's not really cardio.

goodiesguy
29-10-2010, 12:30 AM
If you want abs, you'll have to lose body fat first, and while there are tons of arguments about this, it's starting to be accepted that the result of a totally healthy diet will outdo most strenuous cardio exercises. Friend of mine did almost no cardio at all, only ate meats, veges and fruit, no potatoes, rice, bread of any kind for 5 weeks and lost 10kg. He does powerlifting (squats, deadlift, bench) but that's not really cardio.

10KG in 5 weeks? that's not much for 5 weeks

gary67
29-10-2010, 06:46 AM
One of my nieces tried one while pissed, her comment afterwards don't wear a mini skirt on one

qazwsxokmijn
29-10-2010, 08:19 AM
That's 2kg a week with pretty much zilch cardio.

autechre
29-10-2010, 09:07 AM
All of those devices you see on TV come with a diet plan - following it is the only way you will see the results they show.
Best bet is spend the coin on a gym membership and eat clean.

Metla
29-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Do a google for user reviews, it's all bad.

:pf1mobmini:

user
29-10-2010, 09:23 AM
I help run a well stocked community gym in our town. I would not touch anything that I see advertised on TV ito fitness gear. They are always advertised as the next best thing to sliced bread. 6 months later you never hear about them again and there is a new device on the market. And the build quality is bad. We have turned down offers of people wanting to donate their unused equipment to the gym.

You are better off spending the money on a gym. It may only buy you 3-5 months subs but this will probably be longer than you would use the equipment at home before you got sick of using it. And you would have access to far better equipment to exercise your whole body.

Fat burning? To burn fat you need to exercise for periods of 20mins or more to make significant losses. Only 3mins a day needed? How can those statements reconcile with each other? They don't. You are not going to lose fat this way unless you also follow their recommendation of a sensible diet as well.

--Wolf--
29-10-2010, 10:05 AM
To burn fat you need to exercise for periods of 20mins or more to make significant losses

Not true.

HIIT.

user
29-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Not true.

HIIT.

Want to expand on this? Your view would be at variance to most personal trainers...

SolMiester
29-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I wouldnt mind hearing how the OP goes with this, I have a bad back so cant do sit up etc, and would like to reduce my Elmo!

Maybe not - Reviews dont look good
http://ezinearticles.com/?Ab-Circle-Pro-Review&id=2424229

DeSade
29-10-2010, 11:37 AM
One of my nieces tried one while pissed, her comment afterwards don't wear a mini skirt on one

*Mental picture*

....Oh sorry what were we talking about :devil

Disclaimer: Mental picture assumes subject is at least 16 years old.

Cicero
29-10-2010, 12:25 PM
*Mental picture*

And on top of that,do we need reminding not to wear mini skirts?

gary67
29-10-2010, 12:54 PM
*Mental picture*

21 is a good age, and yes mental picture only related by marriage

gradebdan
29-10-2010, 08:44 PM
thanks all ,now reconsidering.Went for a good hard out 30min walk tonite, didn't cost anything.

zqwerty
29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Ride a bicycle, not as hard on the body, you can go much further, really helps back trouble, much more fun.

Time

When I was young, I dreamed,
Often a dream about flying,
Flying along about head height above the ground,
Moving smoothly and effortlessly, gliding
As in a dream.
Astral travelling.
A cruise missile, ground hugging.
As I got older I stopped dreaming that dream
I almost forgot that I had ever dreamt it
But when I broke my leg in the middle of my life,
I remembered it again.
I started to ride a bicycle to strengthen my withered, wasted leg
And the dream became reality.
Today even, riding along on a sunny afternoon
With a warm nor-westerly breeze at my heels
Effortlessly, moving quite fast
Always at the same height
I relive my childhood.
These days, however, I think of deeper things
Time does not exist in and of itself.
16/9/3

--Wolf--
29-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Want to expand on this? Your view would be at variance to most personal trainers...

Are you a personal trainer?

I think all you have to do is google it, you can do your own research I'm sure. But most will agree that generally HIIT is more beneficial than endurance stuff, unless of course you're training specifically for long distance.

But to each their own. Personally I prefer the bag and the jump rope but that's probably just because of my martial arts training.

Metla
29-10-2010, 10:14 PM

I think all you have to do is google it, you can do your own research I'm sure. But most will agree that generally HIIT is more beneficial than endurance stuff, unless of course you're training specifically for long distance.

But to each their own. Personally I prefer the bag and the jump rope but that's probably just because of my martial arts training.

HIIT is still recommended to be done over a period of at least 20 minutes which is exactly the statement you call "not true".

That aside, they will have a new "buzz system" next week.

At the end of the day if you use more energy then you ingest then you will lose weight, no matter what the current fad happens to be.

Brooko
29-10-2010, 11:50 PM

:rolleyes:

Actually 2Kg per week is pretty good - and if done properly is quite healthy.

I can speak from experience on this one as I'm only 10 days off completing a 3 month weight loss program. Group of us at the office decided to have a competition - more to get people motivated than anything. At the start, I weighed in at a fairly hefty 103kg (6ft frame - so not obese - but definitely 'heavy'). 10 weeks in, and I've just hit my target of 85kg. Not bad for a 43yo. Haven't been this fit since I was 18.

Mets is spot on though - change your diet, and increase your exercise for best results. All I did was:
- cut down on simple carbs - breads, pastas, potatoes (reduced all to very low levels - and never eat them in the evening)
- increase complex carbs - veges etc
- eat regularly, but don't snack - especially at night.
- cut down/out fats and sugars
- drink plenty of water. Green tea also helps.

For exercise, most days I've been using an elliptical trainer in the morning for 40 mins, then either going for a brisk walk or jog at nights (alternating between 7 - 12km). Over last 3-4 weeks I found that my body has been getting pretty depleted so my friend put me onto protein shakes (after exercise) - helps rebuild/repair muscle. Get the high protein whey powder / low carb - talk to a nutritionalist if unsure.

The other thing I've found is that your body has 3 basic modes - fat storing, fat burning, and fat neutral. The worst thing you can do is limit food, or starve yourself - the body almost immediately goes into fat storage mode. The best thing you can do is eat the right foods, and at the right time - good breakfast, good lunch, lighter evening meal. Then exercise accelerates everything - and the body is quite happy to burn stored fat to make up any short fall. The reason you dump the simple carbs is that they are too easily absorbed / transformed to energy. The complex carbs take more work to transform, therefore you need more energy to transform them, and you lose more weight.

Oh and GoodiesGuy - from someone who's lost 18kg - losing 10kg in 5 weeks is a very big deal. It takes a lot of discipline and work. It's a big achievement. Maybe not much for a teenager to burn (higher metabolism) - but why don't you try it before belittling it. First 3 weeks I lost 8Kg, but since then it's become harder - now a good week for me is 1-1.5kg.

--Wolf--
29-10-2010, 11:58 PM
HIIT is still recommended to be done over a period of at least 20 minutes which is exactly the statement you call "not true".

Proof?

Last I remember, the peak is 10 - 20min. You shouldn't be able to do any more than 20.

user
30-10-2010, 08:23 AM

The original discussion was about whether the ab machine could cause fat loss based on only a few minutes a day, not using it as a HIIT method. Using it only for a short time each day will not burn much fat at all, mainly the stored sugars in the muscles. To burn fats, a longer period of training is needed.

Sure, HIIT may also burn fat but this was not the issue in the first case. And why do I need to be a personal trainer to express my views? Like you said, just Google the topic.

Metla
30-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Proof?

Last I remember, the peak is 10 - 20min. You shouldn't be able to do any more than 20.

Just added up the numbers on a half dozen websites.....

Interval Variation I: Standard The following is a typical interval workout. You alternate the same period of low intensity with the same period of higher intensity. 1. 3 - 5 minutes warmup (light jog, low intensity, gradually increasing at the end of the warmup period)
2. 1 minute moderate or high intensity followed by 1 minute low intensity (repeat 6 - 8 times)
3. 3 - 5 minutes cooldown (light jog, low intensity, gradually decreasing by the end of the cooldown period)

Cicero
30-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Can we assume this is your current regime?

Metla
30-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Can we assume this is your current regime?

I do weights three times a week, and walk up and down a massive hill on alternate nights.

Not interested in "high intensity" training.

Cicero
30-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I do weights three times a week, and walk up and down a massive hill on alternate nights.

Not interested in "high intensity" training.

I am good at starting these things,but then soon think of an excuse not to continue,so if you continue with your efforts I will be impressed.

jareemon
30-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I've cut down on sugar/carbs etc and increased protien and healthy fats, doing weights every day (different muscles targeted each day on 4 day rotation) and go for a 20min walk or jog every second day. I've been doing this about 2 weeks and lost a bit of weight. I don't know how much cos I don't have any scales, but my clothes feel looser and im down a notch on my belt and it's still loose :) I just realised the other day I'm gonna have to start buying new clothes soon!

--Wolf--
30-10-2010, 11:01 AM

Hahahahaha, so assuming you got that off WIKIPEDIA (which you did) then you would've seen the third sentence in the very first paragraph.

"Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 9–20 minutes"

And what you included was the warm up / warm down, which is in no way part of the HIIT.

If you actually used your brain you'd see that

"1 minute moderate or high intensity followed by 1 minute low intensity (repeat 6 - 8 times)"

that is 12 - 16 minutes.

It's okay Melta, not everyone is cut out for HIIT, you just keep walking that hill buddy.

gary67
30-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Interval training and high intensity training are not necessarily the same thing

Metla
30-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Hahahahaha, so assuming you got that off WIKIPEDIA (which you did) then you would've seen the third sentence in the very first paragraph.

"Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 920 minutes"

And what you included was the warm up / warm down, which is in no way part of the HIIT.

If you actually used your brain you'd see that

"1 minute moderate or high intensity followed by 1 minute low intensity (repeat 6 - 8 times)"

that is 12 - 16 minutes.

It's okay Melta, not everyone is cut out for HIIT, you just keep walking that hill buddy.

Child, go back and read the initial comment you declared "not true", No matter how much spin on it a 20 minute workout is 20 minutes, no matter what you break the different periods into, and the HIIT system incorporates different levels of exertion over that period.

The text from wiki was copied due to it being suitable to prove the point, "OMG its teh wiki" doesn't make you look clever, just slightly retarded.

--Wolf--
30-10-2010, 11:49 AM
The initial comment was stating you need to do MORE than 20 minutes for any kind of results, which is not true.

And Gary you are right, but that has nothing to do with HIIT as it's both of them combined.

Metla
30-10-2010, 12:08 PM
You really need to go back and read the initial comment again.

That aside, it was fun while it lasted.

Once again

Metal-20666 points
Wolf- 0 points.

Keep on digging.

:lol::lol::lol:

--Wolf--
30-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Just read it again, "20 mins or more" - my point was you don't need to do 20 mins or more if you do HIIT.

Agreed, good fun old chap, hole dug.

Btw, did you really just spell your name wrong? Haha might wanna hand those points over now.

Metla
30-10-2010, 03:59 PM
Btw, did you really just spell your name wrong? Haha might wanna hand those points over now.

feck

pctek
30-10-2010, 04:19 PM
, you just keep walking that hill .

What? That's not hard?
Once I walked a lot. Uphill, downhill, along the flat. Just walking.
But I was slim and looked good in shorts.

Now that I can't walk much I'm fat and wouldn't be seen dead in shorts.

Exercise, however, you do it is what counts.

jareemon
30-10-2010, 04:30 PM
who guys, calm down, can't we just settle this over a cup of tea?

wainuitech
30-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I've cut down on sugar/carbs etc and increased protien and healthy fats, doing weights every day (different muscles targeted each day on 4 day rotation) and go for a 20min walk or jog every second day. I've been doing this about 2 weeks and lost a bit of weight. I don't know how much cos I don't have any scales, but my clothes feel looser and im down a notch on my belt and it's still loose :) I just realised the other day I'm gonna have to start buying new clothes soon! Thats what we do kind of.

SWMBO cant do a lot of exercise as her Asthma & knee starts playing up.

We go for walks almost every night or at least every second night, take the dog out. Watch what we eat without going silly. and the weight slowly comes off.

Just today I heard this yell -WTF ?????? it was SWMBO -- announcing some jeans she hasn't been able to get into for the last 5 years suddenly fit and are not to tight :clap Dancing around the hall -Geeeeeeeees.

gary67
30-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Fortunately I can do whatever I like, eat what I like and still not gain weight and no I'm not some young gun either, I suppose I would be classed as middle aged now but I will deny it. Although SWMBO and I walk almost every night winter and summer. When I was recovering from my shoulder surgery in 04 and not able to do anything fro 6 months everyone thought I would get bigger.

Cicero
30-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Thats what we do kind of.

SWMBO cant do a lot of exercise as her Asthma & knee starts playing up.

We go for walks almost every night or at least every second night, take the dog out. Watch what we eat without going silly. and the weight slowly comes off.

Just today I heard this yell -WTF ?????? it was SWMBO -- announcing some jeans she hasn't been able to get into for the last 5 years suddenly fit and are not to tight :clap Dancing around the hall -Geeeeeeeees.

So,hers have shrunk as well?

Metla
30-10-2010, 06:10 PM
All silliness aside, The general consensus is still 20 minutes minimum to get worthwhile results, even if you incorporate HIIT into your workout.

That said, You will want to be pretty fit and conditioned before you consider Hitt, otherwise the only result your going to get is some pain.

Snorkbox
30-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Just read it again, "20 mins or more" - my point was you don't need to do 20 mins or more if you do HIIT.

Agreed, good fun old chap, hole dug.

You'd be pretty lean and fit by now if you had spent some time carrying equipment over several miles of sand dunes. :eek:

Metla
30-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I wouldnt mind hearing how the OP goes with this, I have a bad back so cant do sit up etc, and would like to reduce my Elmo!

My back is munted, situps bring on immediate pain and loss of movement, so I use one of these.

http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_9.htm

With a bit of experimentation you can get the balance right between taking strain off your back and targeting your stomach muscles.

qazwsxokmijn
30-10-2010, 07:49 PM
What? That's not hard?
Once I walked a lot. Uphill, downhill, along the flat. Just walking.
But I was slim and looked good in shorts.

Now that I can't walk much I'm fat and wouldn't be seen dead in shorts.

Exercise, however, you do it is what counts.
:D

Man you're a cool grandma

pctek
30-10-2010, 08:18 PM
some jeans she hasn't been able to get into for the last 5 years

Woo.. needs to declutter I think. I don't keep anything for 5 years I'm not using........Oh hang, yes there is one thing....my DOS disks.