PDA

View Full Version : I can't shoot or taser yet as I'm not certified.

Snorkbox
28-10-2010, 10:32 AM
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=121664&fm=psp,tsf

One wonders why this cop was using a speed gun when he/she wasn't certified to use it.

What's next if they are carrying Tazers or Firearms?

Hang on. I'll just have to go pass a course before I shoot you!

Methinks it's just an excuse for letting Henry off.

If he/she was just checking Reg and WOF etc he/she has the power to stop without using the speed gun.

johcar
28-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Does that mean we can request to see certification before we have to accept a speeding ticket? :D

DeSade
28-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Does that mean we can request to see certification before we have to accept a speeding ticket? :D

I do as a matter of course, I also ask to see the calibration cert for the gun.

If the prick has done the odometer check then I ask for the details of its last calibration and check its certified.

Out of the 4 or so camera fines and 4 speeding tickets I have recieved I have only paid one of each.

pine-o-cleen
28-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't see anything wrong with certification. In fact I think it's a good thing. It ensures officers are trained properly on how to use equipment.

SurferJoe46
28-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Is that cop using a laser or a radar gun? It makes a great big difference here in the US for a legal defense.

Snorkbox
28-10-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't see anything wrong with certification. In fact I think it's a good thing. It ensures officers are trained properly on how to use equipment.

My point is that a cop was using equipment he/she was not trained for so why?

I also agree that all these units should be calibrated and tested so the results are accurate.

Dannz
28-10-2010, 07:40 PM
hmm bugger.. ignore this...

Scouse
28-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Re:
ignore this...

All of it or just your bit?

Dannz
28-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Just my bit :badpc:

Gobe1
29-10-2010, 08:50 AM
My point is that a cop was using equipment he/she was not trained for so why?

I also agree that all these units should be calibrated and tested so the results are accurate.

Correct and dont you think that would be the first thing done before they leave police college?

--Wolf--
29-10-2010, 09:01 AM
What you guys actually believe this story?

They needed a reason as to why they let Graham Henry off to tell the public.

And Desade, I doubt by law they have to show you that stuff - if anything you would just piss them off. Last I checked they don't even have to show you the gun with your clocked speed on it, let alone paperwork for it. So I'm calling bs on you getting off them.

DeSade
29-10-2010, 09:31 AM
You call what you like, I am telling you if you make enough of a song and dance about it they place it in the too hard basket and it goes away. Most of the time that is.

Its much easier with the camera but works on cop issued tickets as well, just keep writing letters asking for this and that they have to respond to the letters and since its in dispute it drags out the process.

Not saying it works all the time, and you have to out-stubbon them which isn't easy but its possible.

Snorkbox
29-10-2010, 10:23 AM
The time and place to ask for documentation re certification is in Court when you defend the charge. They do have to produce same then or their case goes out the door. :)