PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Here is another place we can donate to perhaps?

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/60434/hundreds-missing-after-tsunami-hits-indonesia

goodiesguy
26-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Why don't we start worrying about our own country for once instead of rushing to help all the foreign countries. There are far more New Zealander's that need more help than these people on the other side of the world.

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 11:49 PM
A good question. Unfortunately I do not at this time have an answer.

We could try to get rid of the United Nations but that would leave Helen Clarke out of a job and Helen of Troy she isn't.

Might get rid of the ETS and all the other treaties apart from the Waitangi one though. :)

--Wolf--
27-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Why don't we start worrying about our own country for once instead of rushing to help all the foreign countries. There are far more New Zealander's that need more help than these people on the other side of the world.

Christchurch earthquake = no one dead
Indonesian earthquake/tsunami = 160 missing.

Should I compare New Zealand to Africa now?

Although I do see your point, it's just what we do. We help those who need it. Just like others help us when we need it.

Snorkbox
27-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Charity belongs at home I think. If we start helping NZ and succeed then we can help others.

R2x1
27-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Could we send the little Hyde over as a Tsunami repellent?

DeSade
27-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Christchurch received massive amounts of aid offerings from these smaller countries that we have helped so much as a country over the years. Usually I would agree to keep the money at home but after this (even though they were declined) I personally was moved by the offerings.