PDA

View Full Version : Modem question

Mcpisik
26-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Howdy,
I've sold my Linksys Wireless G WAG54GP2.
New user can't get it to work (it worked perfectly here apart from Telecom issues occasionally)

So quick question: If they can't install the cd, will the modem work properly?
(below are customers comments if that sheds any light...)

"when you plug it in to the power supply the power light comes on green, then the rest of the lights start coming on and doing what there supposed to do. When it gets to the DSL light it comes on for a bit then all green lights disappear and the power light turns red. It then goes green again starts the process again. It just keeps repeating this same process. We have tried running the CD but it won't complete installation. We have tried logging into the modem settings like you advised but it won't even bring up the page so we can put the settings in..."

Thanks for your responses :dogeye:

mikebartnz
26-10-2010, 09:20 PM
There will be a reset button(quite small) on it. Give that a try and then log in using 192.168.1.1 or similar and the default login name and password.

Mcpisik
26-10-2010, 09:22 PM
There will be a reset button(quite small) on it. Give that a try and then log in using 192.168.1.1 or similar and the default login name and password.
Excellent thanks...I'll pass that on and go from there
Appreciated

wainuitech
26-10-2010, 09:24 PM
No CD is required, in fact if anything its a PITA - simply connect it to the PC Via a Ethernet cable to one of the four Yellow ports, (NOT WIRELESS) go into the setting and enter in the ADSL user account name and password.

If its not logging in you have to make sure its actually getting an IP address.

Open a command prompt type in ipconfig <enter> You should get the gateway, subnet and IP address, as long as the IP is the same as the gateway with the exception of the last number then its connecting OK.

EG: gateway 192.168.1.1 IP 192.168.1.2 (cant remember the actual gateway address for it)

Taurus
26-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Howdy,
New user can't get it to work (it worked perfectly here apart from Telecom issues occasionally)

"when you plug it in to the power supply the power light comes on green, then the rest of the lights start coming on and doing what there supposed to do. When it gets to the DSL light it comes on for a bit then all green lights disappear and the power light turns red. It then goes green again starts the process again. It just keeps repeating this same process. We have tried running the CD but it won't complete installation. We have tried logging into the modem settings like you advised but it won't even bring up the page so we can put the settings in..."

You maust change the settings in the modem. Check your manual to see what the IP is for login. Do you remember the password? If not, press the reset utton at the back of the modem. You may need a paper clip to depress it. I blieve by default, passwork is admin, same as username.

Trev
26-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Howdy,

Is it still set up for your ISP or did you delete all those settings before you sold it. Is the new owner setup for ADSL ?
:)

Mcpisik
27-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Will get the purchaser to try those things.
Wish it had been bought by someone who knew what they were doing!