PDA

View Full Version : No Sound

sthsea
26-10-2010, 06:15 PM
I am having problems with the sound on my XP computer. The strange thing is that it works on Skype but not on 'You Tube' or web site links. The mute is off, I have been into 'Sounds & Audio' in the control panel, seems OK there, Any ideas out there? Thanks

Paul.Cov
26-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Try a complete shut-down of the computer.

Not snooze, not sleep, not hibernate, but 100% shutdown.
It might not resolve the issue, but sometimes the solution can be so simple it seems absurd.

Keep yer fingers crossed.

jareemon
27-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Try reinstalling flash (http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
Does the sound work in a different browswer? Internet Explorer, Firefox etc

sthsea
30-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I tried shutting the system down, no luck. The sound works on Skype only, nothing on media player or i tunes. Appreciate the help.

wainuitech
30-10-2010, 07:59 PM
In Sounds and Audio Devices - click the Audio Tab - under Playback whats it set to - and on the right is a drop down arrow, what options are available ?

Also look in Skype - sign in, tools / options / Audio Settings -- Anything in there able to change ? Under the advanced settings, make sure the playback is set to your normal Audio.

What happens if you turn off Skype, and stop it from running on startup and reboot - does your sound still not wanna play nice :D

To disable it on startup, tools/Options General, untick run on start skype when I start windows.