PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live 2011

Cicero
26-10-2010, 11:49 AM
In an update I found I had windows mail 2011,it is more like outlook and couldn't find a way of simplifying to prevoius model,so back tracked to old model.

Anyone else find it not to their taste ?

Chilling_Silence
26-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Couldn't stand it. Gave it a shot for a few days, annoyed me too much. Back to Gmail...

wainuitech
26-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Personally I think its better. At least they have put back the send and recieve instead of sync.

I dont know how many customers have called up saying "Wheres send and receive gone" ???

Cicero
26-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Personally I think its better. At least they have put back the send and recieve instead of sync.

I dont know how many customers have called up saying "Wheres send and receive gone" ???

They could have left it as it was and put those errors to rights.

Just so much stuff that we don't use,and I couldn't find a way to remove surplus.

SoniKalien
26-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I like it better - just hide the ribbon bar for less clutter :)

wainuitech
26-10-2010, 01:09 PM
The Ribbon keeps it line with how MS are changing all its programs.

At least they are trying to be consistant across the Apps with the Looks and the layout.

I have had several comments along th lines of - Once a person gets to know how the ribbon works, its actually quite good.

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm happy with Outlook rather than Live mail.

I did go get a hotmail account and used it to help out a friend so I could see how it worked but just forwarded the hotmail to my POP3 as I do with my Gmail as well.

wainuitech
26-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I use Outlook 2010 as well, but with customers they dont always want Full Versions of office, or Just Home & Student, which doesn't have Outlook.

So Live mail is installed, along with the Free version of Office 2010 (Starter Edition),as per the MS OEM agreement for new PC's.

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Agreed Wainui but then I know people who do have Office Outlook installed and use Incredimail, Live Mail, Outlook Express, SeaMonkey and etc.

Cicero
26-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I have had several comments along th lines of - Once a person gets to know how the ribbon works, its actually quite good.

Wouldn't do to mke it too user friendly,or you get out of character..

wratterus
26-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I just set it up for the first time today, not for myself, but I thought it was decent. Prefer it to the last version, even if it is just for getting the send/receive button back!

Trev
27-10-2010, 10:25 AM
When I got Windows 7 I put Windows Live Mail on it. I get alot of people who send me emails with PP presentations on them. For some unknown reason Windows Live Mail stopped letting me open PP presentations and the only way I could do this was to save them to desktop then open them. After installing Windows Live Mail 2011 I'm able again to open PP presentation with it.
:)

Cicero
06-11-2010, 09:20 PM
The old outlook express yo could take out if you wanted.

Live 2011 you have the lot or it is rduced to nothing.

Why not let us customize our own, like in the past?

wainuitech
06-11-2010, 11:04 PM
The old outlook express yo could take out if you wanted.

Live 2011 you have the lot or it is rduced to nothing.

Why not let us customize our own, like in the past?

?????? You have the option to only install what ever parts of Live you want, Via the customize.(if thats what you are referring to)

Cicero
07-11-2010, 09:32 AM
?????? You have the option to only install what ever parts of Live you want, Via the customise.(if thats what you are referring to)

Sorry about the typos in that last lot.

I have looked for customise with great care,that is not to say it isn't there,but buggered if I can see it?

wainuitech
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
OPPS - My Bad, wrong wording :rolleyes: When you first install Windows Live ESS - after you click the exe file, Bottom Option (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture11289083436.png) - to uninstall the program, go to the control Panel , Programs and Features - locate Windows Live Essentuals, select it, uninstall- This option (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture21289083580.png) - select the component to remove, follow onscreen instructions.

In the sh1t SWMBO is yelling :eek:

Cicero
22-11-2010, 07:49 AM
OPPS - My Bad, wrong wording :rolleyes: When you first install Windows Live ESS - after you click the exe file, Bottom Option (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture11289083436.png) - to install the program, go to the control Panel , Programs and Features - locate Windows Live Essentials, select it, install- This option (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Capture21289083580.png) - select the component to remove, follow onscreen instructions.

In the sh1t SWMBO is yelling :eek:

Sorry about late reply.

Putting up with things at the moment,every time I try to improve,things get worse,so will wait till catastrophe rules.