PDA

View Full Version : Bios problem

JJJJJ
25-10-2010, 07:56 PM
The power settings in my bios are all blued out. Can anyone tell me how to increase the voltage to my cpu.
My mother board is a DFI Lan Party DFILPUT UT x58.
Jack

mikebartnz
25-10-2010, 08:42 PM
If they are blued out it probably means you can't alter the settings with the setup you have eg. CPU

SolMiester
26-10-2010, 08:40 AM
The power settings in my bios are all blued out. Can anyone tell me how to increase the voltage to my cpu.
My mother board is a DFI Lan Party DFILPUT UT x58.
Jack

DFI Lan Party mainboards are enthusiast boards, what are you doing with 1 of them, they have to be one of the hardest boards to clock with....Why do you think you need to increase vCPU?....(the option in the BIOS).

JJJJJ
26-10-2010, 09:50 AM
DFI Lan Party mainboards are enthusiast boards, what are you doing with 1 of them, they have to be one of the hardest boards to clock with....Why do you think you need to increase vCPU?....(the option in the BIOS).

It has been running perfectly for three months at 4.4. Yesterday it lost it's overclock and all settings reverted to default. Now it needs more power before I can get it to work.

pctek
26-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Why I never liked DFI.........dodgy

SolMiester
26-10-2010, 11:58 AM
It has been running perfectly for three months at 4.4. Yesterday it lost it's overclock and all settings reverted to default. Now it needs more power before I can get it to work.

4.4 is a top end clock, and there is more to it than just vCPU settings, you have to get BLCK and memory timing spot on and it is a gradual climb to those settings, not a preset series of settings and you are there.
You will need an advanced technican to get those back, and I wonder why they dropped myself, I doubt you will get them again. Perhaps PSU spike or stutter!

Cicero
26-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I feel your pain JJ.

JJJJJ
26-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Why I never liked DFI.........dodgy

i HAVE NEVER liked it either. The reason I got it was it was the only one available with a good gap between the vid card slots. Gave great cooling to both cards.