PDA

View Full Version : Stress out

lostsoul62
24-10-2010, 01:56 PM
I spent about 15 hours building a AMD955. First computer I built in almost 3 years so I wanted to do a good job and I treated it like a hobby. I'm 63 with a type 1 personality so I figure I'll just take my time and enjoy. I got it all built and working and I was so proud of myself. I was loading a driver for my webcam with the help of a tech on the phone and I rebooted and got the blue screen of death. I roll back my computer several time all the way back, work on it for 4 hours, tried to load Windows 7 and still got the blue screen of death and tried different hard drives. I was fit to be tied. I had to take a chill pill just to take it back and now I'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks before I can build another one. This is what happens when you get old and cranky. Sorry about this post, I just had to vent.

pctek
24-10-2010, 02:18 PM
RULE ONE: Once built make an image of C:.
Then start adding your extras.
Once complete and working make another image.
Keep it safe for moments like this.
Saves hours of stuffing around.

Snorkbox
24-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Rule 2.

We already have an ANGRY thread so post there instead perhaps.

http://www.pressf1.co.nz/showthread.php?t=113322&page=2

lostsoul62
24-10-2010, 03:25 PM
RULE ONE: Once built make an image of C:.
Then start adding your extras.
Once complete and working make another image.
Keep it safe for moments like this.
Saves hours of stuffing around.

I have lots of images of all my OS's but in this case I don't think it would of done any good because I coundn't even load Windows 7 without the blue screen of death and I did try 2 hard drive. Roll back should of taken care of any screw up dirver and that didn't work. Funny thing I was going to make an image in about an hour after I got everything working.

The Error Guy
24-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Rule 3: there is no rule 3. ever

Paradox.

Hate it when stuff like this screws up (cough, days of yore with vista cough) I used to BSOD Win98 SE alot. back then I couldn't be bothered fixing, i'd format HDD and clean install. at least once a week. gave me something to do. as a 13yr old I always had something to break in order to fix!

Tech
26-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi there,

I'm impressed with yo guys, 63yr old buiding a computer, 13yr old with a bif knoledge of computers.... I'm 27 and suposed to know a lot about it beause of my age but I have no idea about computers! so keep doing it!! and hopefuly I'll start learning too.... :)

My site: [edit: spam removed]

wratterus
26-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Spam reported.

pctek
26-10-2010, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Snorkbox;960396]
[QUOTE]

It's advice. Not anger.

Snorkbox
26-10-2010, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=Snorkbox;960396]
[QUOTE]

It's advice. Not anger.

Sorry. My reply was directed at the OP when he said he had to vent.

"Sorry about this post, I just had to vent." In his post.