PDA

View Full Version : Youtube to disc

Cicero
24-10-2010, 01:01 PM
How do I get this onto a CD, or is it not possible.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8a-a2A2Zr8&feature=related

ronyville
24-10-2010, 01:06 PM
keepvid (http://keepvid.com/)- copy the url and paste it in the search and than choose the option to download/save to your computer. choose MP4 - high quality

Scouse
24-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi C. I regularly use YouGrab3 which was a free download from the Australian PC User. Works pefectly, set for MP4. Good luck.

Cicero
24-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi C. I regularly use YouGrab3 which was a free download from the Australian PC User. Works pefectly, set for MP4. Good luck.

Thanks Ron and S.

Are we saying it is possible to get the music only so as to play on CD in car?

SurferJoe46
24-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Thanks Ron and S.

Why don't you just grab it with Audacity and then you can balance the volume and the editing can be corrected and then burn it onto a CD for your own listening pleasure?

Remember that anything you can hear on your 'puter, you can save via Audacity - and Audacity is a very powerful program - more than I'll ever know even.

You can convert it to MP3 or any other format you want - but be sure to get LAME before you activate Audacity so you can point Audacity to it once and forever. LAME does the RAW to MP3 conversion.

Oh --- by the way - this stuff is all FREE.

Thought you'd like that.

Snorkbox
24-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Agreed SJ.

SurferJoe46
24-10-2010, 02:55 PM
At this very moment I am copying 'Harry James & His Orchestra with Frank Sinatra - 1939'.

That's ALL the 1939 recording by them together.

Cicero
24-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I note it is in beta for win 7,so here is hoping.

Cicero
24-10-2010, 04:35 PM
I have found lame jokes, is that a help?

Snorkbox
24-10-2010, 04:40 PM
I use the Beta version Audacity on Win7 64 pro.

And install Lame not Lame jokes as it is not that you want.

Cicero
24-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I use the Beta version Audacity on Win7 64 pro.

And install Lame not Lame jokes as it is not that you want.

My point was, what is all this about,means nothing to me???

Software Downloads
LAME is only distribued in source code form. For binaries and GUI based programs which can use LAME (or include fully licensed versions of LAME), check the LAME related links. All software from the LAME project can be found in the project's file area.

Current Versions
•The current release version of LAME is 3.98.3
Source code tarballs of these versions can be downloaded from SourceForge.

LAME compiles on Windows, DOS, GNU/Linux, MacOS X, *BSD, Solaris, HP-UX, Tru64 Unix, AIX, Irix, NeXTstep, SCO Unix, UnixWare, Ultrix, Plan 9, OpenVMS, MacOS Classic, BeOS, QNX, RiscOS, AmigaOS, OS/2, SkyOS, FreeMiNT(Atari) and probably a few more.

Development Versions
LAME source code is maintained with CVS, hosted on SourceForge.net. For instructions on downloading the current development sources, go to the CVS information page of the LAME project on SourceForge.net.

SurferJoe46
24-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Just GET IT!

Audacity will need to be pointed to it to compile (?) Aud files into MP3 format.

Did you not see that it's free?

Don't argue - you N E E D I T !

Make sure it's for a Windows system, if that's what you actually have.

Stay away from hairballs.

gary67
24-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I use the Sothink addon for Firefox to download youtube content and for any encoding of Audio I use any audio converter and for video I use any video converter both of which can be found here (http://www.any-audio-converter.com/) along with several other editing programs they are free, easy to use and quite simple, however they do work extremely well

ubergeek85
24-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I use DownloadHelper (addon for FF) to get the video (usually in MP4, however some of the HQ formats are in FLV, then the HD stuff is in MP4 again).

You could probably burn it to a DVD with windows movie maker.

wainuitech
24-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks Ron and S.

Are we saying it is possible to get the music only so as to play on CD in car? If all you are after is the music, I use Freesoundrecorder (http://www.freesoundrecorder.net/index.htm), works On W7 no problems at all. You can set the recording to record in WAV, MP3 or WMA.

You just have to setup your recording in your audio settings, but you would have to anyway with any recording software.

Scouse
24-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi C.
Re your earlier problems interpreting the Lame add-on. It is relatively simple to do so that you can use Audacity......
read here: and follow the steps. Only needs to be done once. This links Audacity to the Lame download automatically for all future uses......

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&item=lame-mp3

Snorkbox
24-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks Ron and S.

Yes. But only if the car CD player plays MP3 and not all do. There again there are ways around that too using converters and the correct A/V equipment.

ubergeek85
24-10-2010, 11:09 PM
You can just burn MP3s using WMP, it'll convert them on-the-fly.

SurferJoe46
25-10-2010, 04:26 AM
Yes. But only if the car CD player plays MP3 and not all do. There again there are ways around that too using converters and the correct A/V equipment.

Are there any CD players in cars made after - er, 2000 or so, that don't play MP3s? The less-endowed ones of yesteryear are all gone here and all the new third party ones are very much capable I believe.

Just one thing - an MP3 is not always an MP3 either.

I'm talking about bitrates and the fact that no-one needs much better rendition than 128kB to listen to in a car. Frequently I record in 56kB for lots of music.

I can cram several hours of MP3 data on a single disc for my long distance traveling across the states where radio reception, if there is any, is questionable and may not be what I want to hear anyway.

It makes those 90-hour drives feel more like home. I like to 'wander' a little while I go from place to place.

.......and Stevie Ray Vaughn at 200dB in the grand Canyon is really nice.

Cicero
25-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi C.
Re your earlier problems interpreting the Lame add-on. It is relatively simple to do so that you can use Audacity......
read here: and follow the steps. Only needs to be done once. This links Audacity to the Lame download automatically for all future uses......

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&item=lame-mp3

Thanks S.

I have Audacity now, it was the Lame bit that I couldn't quite get, not clear to me which of choices were the one I wanted.

Cicero
25-10-2010, 09:29 AM
If all you are after is the music, I use Freesoundrecorder (http://www.freesoundrecorder.net/index.htm), works On W7 no problems at all. You can set the recording to record in WAV, MP3 or WMA.

You just have to setup your recording in your audio settings, but you would have to anyway with any recording software.

Thanks again Wai.

It is asking for a file,where is that when I have a youtube playing?

Cicero
25-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Ha ha, finally got it.

Was amused to find that not only does it record the music as it is played on computer, but everthing else as well, i.e, SWMBO wanting to know why I was so slow and yours truly commenting how clever I was finally getting the message.

And finallyall very poor quality.

wainuitech
25-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks again Wai.

It is asking for a file,where is that when I have a youtube playing?

With the sound recorder, if you open the website you linked, and as long as the recorder is set up to record correctly, you simply start the video, and hit record.

It will capture the audio, as good as it was playing on the site. Recording the audio (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Recording1287955030.jpg)

Or what I would do, is download it with the FF plug in so you dont have any streaming problems, then play it and record in WAV, that way the quality is better for a CD conversion.

Just doing it now actually.

SWMBO is giving me strange looks playing this :illogical Nice though she says.

wainuitech
25-10-2010, 10:43 AM
record the music as it is played on computer, but everthing else as well, i.e, SWMBO wanting to know why I was so slow and yours truly commenting how clever I was finally getting the message. Id say you have a microphone plugged in and its picking up that as well.

You should be able to sing along in your best shower voice :p and thats not recorded.

PPp
25-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Haven't read all the posts but this: http://downloadtube.org/ seems ideal for a simple copy and paste one click download.

Cicero
25-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Id say you have a microphone plugged in and its picking up that as well.

You should be able to sing along in your best shower voice :p and thats not recorded.

You have heard of Pavaroti! well it's not a bit like that.

If I have a mic,it is well hidden as I have never had one,apart from headphones,which is turned off at mo?

ronyville
25-10-2010, 07:34 PM
And finallyall very poor quality.

If you are still having problems getting a better quality audio, let me know and i'll download the vid for you and conver it to mp4 audio and upload it so you can download it and just burn it to a CD.

gary67
25-10-2010, 07:40 PM

If I have a mic,it is well hidden as I have never had one,apart from headphones,which is turned off at mo?

You don't have a camera attached do you as they often have mics built into them

plod
25-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Or you could save yourself a lot of trouble, and get it through itunes or similar.

Scouse
25-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Cost $1.99.......................................

SurferJoe46
26-10-2010, 08:03 AM

You may have more than one source selected too.

Your screen should look like this, and the drop down will give you the source that you are capable of recording.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cRmowvPKcq4/TMXSI37ugUI/AAAAAAAAFs4/VE12n-FW4NU/s640/Audacity%2010252010%20115251%20AM.jpg

Here I am recording part of the Abraxis album and the analog screen is showing the music being recorded in the pad area of Audacity.

Once it's saved, I left click close to the actual data, and then click on EFFECT>>AMPLIFY>> and a box will pop up and just use the default settings until you get the hang of it. Be sure to click on ALLOW CLIPPING to take off any irrational spikes you might have and then click OK and it will go through the whole recording and equally bring the volume up to normalized levels.

Really though, you've got to roll around in this program and you'll find something new and wonderful around every corner.

I bet you have recorded something that was picked up through an open mic or bad choice for source somehow.

I record al my MP3s in 256kB and I can also save them as WAV or Ogg Vorbis. There are so many tools you'll never use them all for the rest of your life.

You can set the bitrate anywhere you want and I even save some lectures in 8Bit. Yeah - 8 BIT! If it's not music, it's fine.

You also have a choice of how many channels you want to record in too. I have used up to 16-channels at one time. I like to mix my own music once in a while.

But Audacity is really powerful - you'll see!

Cicero
26-10-2010, 09:17 AM
You don't have a camera attached do you as they often have mics built into them

No cam Ga.