PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird 3.6.10 address book

Vince
20-10-2010, 06:04 AM
The latest version of Tbird has apparently no way to have the address book open after "write" has been selected!

The only way I can find to put the recipients address in the address space is to click on the recipients name, select "Properties" then copy and paste the address; which is a real hassle, compared to the old system which had the address book as a always open sidebar.

This new way seems to make sending to multiple addressees impossible.

Is there a way to make this new address book workable?

Speedy Gonzales
20-10-2010, 08:33 AM
3.6.10 is firefox, TB is only up to 3.1.4. And 3.1.5 has just arrived. Install that and see if it fixes it

wratterus
20-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I just add the address book to the menu bar up the top. Right click -> customize, drag the addy book onto the menu bar. Problem solved. I'm sure there's an easier way but I don't use it myself so haven't had the need to find out yet.

kjaada
20-10-2010, 01:24 PM
3.6.10 is firefox, TB is only up to 3.1.4. And 3.1.5 has just arrived. Install that and see if it fixes it
For some reason if I put Thunderbird in to google it comes up with firefox 3.6.11 site

Speedy Gonzales
20-10-2010, 01:33 PM
The downloads are on the same site

Safari
20-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Do your uploads from the Help menu/check for updates.

Open the address book first and select the address you want to send to and then select Write.

Or select Write and go to View and select Contacts Sidebar.

linw
20-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Or rt click/customise on tool bar area and drag 'Contacts' icon to toolbar area.

Vince
22-10-2010, 03:38 AM
I just add the address book to the menu bar up the top. Right click -> customize, drag the addy book onto the menu bar. Problem solved. I'm sure there's an easier way but I don't use it myself so haven't had the need to find out yet.

In the "write" page right click the "composition bar" select "Customize and drag the "Contacts" icon on to it.

This icon will open the address book as the familiar sidebar.

Put this confusion down to the Codine and Clonazepam which conspire to close down my intellect.