PDA

View Full Version : Recording Tutorials

sarum
18-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi, there are some good tutorials to be had (eg: you tube). My broad band (xnet) means that I spend 15 minutes watching a 7 minute episode. Is there some way that I can record what I'm watching, and then edit out the pauses; or any other suggestions.................thanks sarum.

SoniKalien
18-10-2010, 10:52 PM
You can use firefox plus an extension that will let you download utube etc videos.. is that what you mean?

gary67
19-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Sothink add on for firefox will let you download them, once downloaded there won't be any pauses as that is just buffering due to Xnets crap speeds

linw
19-10-2010, 09:36 AM
I know it is none of my business, but there must be a VERY compelling reason why you stay with that crap ISP!

Speedy Gonzales
19-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Akamai server downloads are counted as local

And since most isps cost more / you need a contract (which I don't have now, and don't want).

The phone acct should be in your name (for other ISP's), if you want homephone / naked ADSL whatever its called / to get it cheaper (The phones not in my name, its in the flatmate's). Don't know if you pay for what you don't use (for other ISPs). But I'll rather stick with Xnet. Even tho it maybe crap. Thats the only reason I'm on Xnet. If other ISPs werent so tight, I would probably change

sarum
19-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the FireFox addon info:. I'll do that this evening. Glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed (to put it mildly) with xnet. I feel a bit stuck with them because my family own the 'phone account for their business, and I have to be independent.
Thanks again....sarum

gary67
19-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I actually don't find Xnet speeds that different from the competition here in Nelson

wotz
19-10-2010, 06:53 PM
My xnet is crappy. But how do I know anyone else will be any better? Looks like I'm limited to slingshot or orcon if I want to use isky.