PDA

View Full Version : File problems with Windows 7

John Robb
17-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I have been trying to copy photo files to a memory stick to play on my TV.
Problem no 1 is that some photos will not display on the TV although they appear to have copied to the mem stick correctly. I have checked the file properties and they seem to be exactly the same as other photos that do display.
Problem No 2 is that in the process of copying the files they end up in a different order. I cannot find any way of sorting them into the order I want.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
John Robb

wainuitech
17-10-2010, 02:43 PM
When the photos don't display, is there a blank screen where the photo should be, or does it act as if its not even there. ?

The order - what you can try is re-naming the photos in numerical order.
Eg> 001,002,003,004 etc, if going by names of the photos, sometimes they "re-adjust" to suit the device they are being played on.

John Robb
17-10-2010, 03:08 PM
When displaying thumbnails all photos appear but when playing a slide show a blank screen appears for odd random photos. Have tried renumbering as suggested but that does not appear to work.
Cheers and thanks
John

supergran
17-10-2010, 03:18 PM
are you sure they are all .jpg and not some other file sort

John Robb
17-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes all files are JPG's

wainuitech
17-10-2010, 04:48 PM
can we assume the TV is the type that has USB slots, and USB devices can be plugged directly into the TV.( if so what brand/model) OR is the device you are playing through connected by some other means ?

Something like a WD Live TV (http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=735)

feersumendjinn
17-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Problem No 2 is that in the process of copying the files they end up in a different order. I cannot find any way of sorting them into the order I want.
Windows 7 will always sort your files into alphanumerical order and this auto-arranging cannot be turned off, unlike earlier versions of Windows.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/960fadd4-c348-4aed-9ee0-c565884787eb
Don't know about your display problem, maybe the above "feature" has a bearing on it, or maybe file/picture size (too big, file handling in tv cant resize?).

faith1806
18-10-2010, 09:34 PM
is the form of file and picture right?