PDA

View Full Version : Happy 70th Birthday Sir Cliff.

Trev
16-10-2010, 08:45 AM
:happybday:happybday and you don't look a day over 50 and still working.
:)

Marnie
16-10-2010, 09:04 AM
:happybday We're all going on a Summer holiday!!
I agree, he doesn't look a day over 50, even though a certain tv person described him as looking like a cadaver. Sheer jealousy, I think.

Roscoe
16-10-2010, 09:49 AM
As you say, Marnie, jealousy.

I was in the third form when his first hit "Move It" made the charts in 1958 and thought it fantastic. Have been a Sir Cliff fan ever since.

Went to see him when he was in Auckland last and it was a great show. It was also great to see Hank Marvin and The Shadows as well.

Sir Cliff has not been as active on the charts of late, but that does not seem to matter as he has recorded so many memorable songs we can exist on those.

With all his millions I'm certain he will have a great birthday.:cool:

prefect
16-10-2010, 10:08 AM
The guy is so clean cut and mister nice guy it sorta makes me sick.
No one has managed to dish any dirt on the guy he has lived like a saint. Hate to admit it but his singing is really good but I wouldnt admit it in public.

John H
16-10-2010, 10:29 AM
My daughter made a stupendous number of rhubarb crumbles for his 60th birthday when she was working as a pastry chef at a flash hotel in London. This time he is apparently going to stay home and have a takeaway curry with his family. He must be feeling his age. Or maybe he doesn't like rhubarb crumble any more. Or maybe just the ones my daughter made...

Trev
16-10-2010, 10:42 AM
The guy is so clean cut and mister nice guy it sorta makes me sick.
No one has managed to dish any dirt on the guy he has lived like a saint. Hate to admit it but his singing is really good but I wouldnt admit it in public.
Clean living. No drugs or women as far as we know.

gary67
16-10-2010, 01:44 PM
This time he is apparently going to stay home and have a takeaway curry with his family.

Didn't know he had a family kept that quite then :lol: Yes he does still look young but as Joan Collins once said "It cost's a lot of money to look this good" :devil

John H
16-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Didn't know he had a family kept that quite then :lol: Yes he does still look young but as Joan Collins once said "It cost's a lot of money to look this good" :devil

I think they said 'family' on the telly. Maybe I misremembered... Still, I suppose he has family of origin like brothers sisters cousins etc, and family is a pretty loose concept these days!

Personally, I have never liked his 'singing', if you can call it that. I don't like sugar in tea, coffee, or singing either. Even when he sang with the Shadows, I only listened because of the band. Most of my early records were of the Shadows on their own, plus the Beatles of course. I don't think he has moved on since the 1950's - a bit of a time warp physically and 'artistically'.

Snorkbox
16-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I note he has just put out a new CD though which I'm going to go get soon.

Trev
16-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Do you have Cliff Richards & The Shadows Reunited 50th Anniversary CD ?

goodiesguy
16-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Cliff Richard ftw!!

I have 1LP and 2 45's along with a double cassette from 1987

zqwerty
16-10-2010, 04:18 PM
'The young wear their freedom like cheap perfume'

'Carrie' by Cliff, quite a good song.

Snorkbox
16-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Do you have Cliff Richards & The Shadows Reunited 50th Anniversary CD ?

A DVD if you are talking to me. Yes.

Trev
16-10-2010, 05:24 PM
A DVD if you are talking to me. Yes.
Yes I have the DVD plus this (http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/index.lsd?catalogID=487370) cd. New recordings done in 2009.

Paul.Cov
16-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Clean living. No drugs or women as far as we know.

Yeah, a woman can age the hell out of any man.
There's potentially a lot of truth to the joke about why men die before women... because we want to!

However, Cliff is too squeaky clean for my tastes. Should have been a monk, not a singer.

Wonder what he's worth in dollar terms?

goodiesguy
16-10-2010, 06:29 PM
To cliff,

Congratulations, and celebrations.