PDA

View Full Version : BSOD error code

8ftmetalhaed
15-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Just got my first windows 7 bluescreen, happened on my laptop trying to access my ATI control panel.

Checking event viewer, the stop code was 0x8000000000000002

Googling suggests graphics card problem, activity at the time sort of confirms it.

Any further affirmation?

But also, upon rebooting, my laptop hung at the boot splash screen (gateway, not windows)
Powering off fully got me back to life, any idea on why this might have happened?

Speedy Gonzales
15-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Looks like a corrupt file can also cause it. Does it show the name of a file/driver?

8ftmetalhaed
15-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Na not as far as I can tell, but then CCC is working fine now, might have had a runtime crash when I was plugging/unplugging the lappy from the TV constantly earlier.

I was having a ***** of a time trying to get my sync going right. Dance games that have strict timing windows SUCK to play on tv's with both a video AND audio delay... regardless of whether or not it's over HDMI or standard audio out.

Ended up having to play through my laptop's tiny speakers.

But yeah i'll just put the crash down to that and move on. If it happens again, I'll just reinstall CCC.

wainuitech
15-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Sighhhhhhhhhh another ATI failure.

8ftmetalhaed
15-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Meh, it's worked perfectly up till now. I'm sure any driver would ***** after changing res's millions of times, being pulled out in the middle of doing so, going fullscreen at one res and then being plugged into a higher res monitor...

Strangely enough though, I just went to go watch 7 days on tv3+1 and came back to my desktop after starting mozilla. It was frozen.
It's never done that before.
Mouse pointer moved, changed from text cursor to mouse between mozilla and the start button, ctrl alt delete locked it on the text cursor for the whole thing. Had to restart.

very strange, both pc's on the same night having errors, and this one hasn't EVER had an issue with graphics drivers.
(oh except this one bug with DX but that's well documented and YES that IS one that ati should bloody well fix)

Speedy Gonzales
15-10-2010, 11:49 PM
DX (if you mean directx), isnt ATI's prob, it's MS's. Don't pull the cable out then, if this is what you're doing (if its still on)

8ftmetalhaed
16-10-2010, 12:44 AM
na it's an ati graphics bug, causes a CTD when using DX as the renderer in a particular game.
And i wasn't pulling any cables at this particular time. But I was earlier, so I guess it could've caused the runtime to crash or glitch when I swapped it to a different monitor and tried changing the settings again.

Ah, I don't know. Just one of those things.

Also, haha @ your posts being all multiples of 3.

Thanks for the help anyway guys, this can probably be locked now :)

Agent_24
16-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Sighhhhhhhhhh another ATI failure.

:lol: