PDA

View Full Version : Thompsom modem

ianhnz
15-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi all.:banana

I now have a Thompson TG 585 V8 wireless modem.

:help: Can anyone tell me how I can change the default, User Name and Password settings?

I was able to do this on my previous Thompson modem.

:thanks

Ian.

kahawai chaser
15-10-2010, 05:48 PM
The same as my one

- I think it's the configure tab, well it's where I changed the SSID, from Thomsonxxxx to a custom name. Click on Home Network - then WLAN:your name (or similar) - then configure tab appears - then do changes in the displayed settings: configuration and security (with encryption key).

ianhnz
15-10-2010, 05:58 PM
The same as my one

- I think it's the configure tab, well it's where I changed the SSID, from Thomsonxxxx to a custom name. Click on Home Network - then WLAN:your name (or similar) - then configure tab appears - then do changes in the displayed settings: configuration and security (with encryption key).
No access to user name/password there. Even says I'm in Europe. This I was in God's own/NZ...

kahawai chaser
15-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah says Europe for me as well. OK- The user name/password I used was from my telecom xtra email, but first accessed by typing... telecom.co.nz/broadband in the web browser then following the activation steps. Might be different if you are with another ISP.

ianhnz
15-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah says Europe for me as well. OK- The user name/password I used was from my telecom xtra email, but first accessed by typing... telecom.co.nz/broadband in the web browser then following the activation steps. Might be different if you are with another ISP.

Yep, I'm with Telecom and, unlike most people, I proud to say I am.
And, sorry, that didn't work, for me as been with them over 5 years now.
:clap

kahawai chaser
15-10-2010, 08:14 PM
If it's your first time on broadband with telecom, you might have to wait a few hours for them to activate their end (as I found out), even if you upgrade your plan as well. You did get the manual and sticker wireless code?

ianhnz
15-10-2010, 08:21 PM
If it's your first time on broadband with telecom, you might have to wait a few hours for them to activate their end (as I found out), even if you upgrade your plan as well. You did get the manual and sticker wireless code?

Nah. Like I said, above, been with Xtra well over 5 years but just got the new modem, last week. Yes, came with a sticker.

linw
16-10-2010, 11:30 AM
You don't change the userid/password anymore. (You can, but don't need to if you connect as a Telecom customer).

They know who you are from your port connection in the Exchange.

And, yes, I don't have any problem with Telecom either.

ianhnz
16-10-2010, 11:56 AM
You don't change the userid/password anymore. (You can, but don't need to if you connect as a Telecom customer).

:clap Ok, thanks. Just I thought as Telecom did that with my last modem.
I've been a customer of Post Office/Telecom since about 1972. Worked for them, both, for over 25 years. My wife worked for Telecom for about 6-7 years. So I guess, it's in the blood...
Whenever we've had a problem Telecom have always sorted things and have even given us a "Loyalty" discount.

Safari
16-10-2010, 11:57 AM

I think it is is the router default username and password he wants to change not the Telecom connection details.

ianhnz
16-10-2010, 11:58 AM
I think it is is the router default username and password he wants to change not the Telecom connection details.

That's correct

ianhnz
16-10-2010, 12:03 PM
All sorted now.

Thanks.

Easy when you know how.