PDA

View Full Version : Video lines when playing home (AVC) HD vids

Scotty D
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Havent been on this forum for years.. I have video lines and distortion when playing my home made HD (Sony AVCHD with Sony Picture Motion Browser) video through the player, would it be the video card (GeForce 9800 GT) ? It seems slow when editing videos in Pinnacle Studio too, I am running windows 7 32bit and since I buggered that up when I made my machine up I had to buy and run Win7 64bit (installed on another drive until I get it on the SSD) but it is still sluggish when editting videos of descent size clips. ANy ideas?

One more question why does Belarc adviser tell me my Bus is 133mhz? Sounds slow when the specs says System Bus Up to 6400 MT/s . Here are my system details... thanks

Windows 7 Home Premium (build 7600)
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T Rev 1.xx

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QtpKQuERkuYw6trc&templete=2

Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0801 09/02/2009

ASUS DRW-1814BL SCSI CdRom Device

Boot drive: Kingston SSDNow V Series 64GB ATA Device (64.02 GB) Status: Healthy

3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB (serial number SerNum00) Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB (serial number SerNum02) Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty Slot 'DIMM4' has 2048 MB (serial number SerNum04) Slot 'DIMM5' is Empty

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1gb [Display adapter]

pctek
13-10-2010, 08:50 AM
Explain the WIndows situation. You have Win7 32bit on the SSD and Win7 64bit on another drive? Bad idea if that's the case.
Good hardware but the GPU lets it down, rather lame compared to the rest of your stuff.

Does th video do this with different players? Like VLC? Try it. And is it all videos, like if you play one that has been downloaded?

Scotty D
13-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I will install the 64bit on the SSD as soon as I back up all the stuff I need. (But I am worried 64GB will not be enough, it used to be plenty and I would partition it - haha)
So just tried it in media player and no juttering or lines, then tried it in Sony PMB and now it smooth then too. Hard to reproduce problems some times.. I was worried about my GPU the most, but GPU's seem to be ridiculously expensive. Thanks

autechre
13-10-2010, 09:25 AM
The video card should have hardware acceleration for AVCHD files, provided your player supports it. What are you using to play the files? I'd try Media Player Classic (http://www.codecguide.com/) rather than VLC since it has better support for GPU acceleration.

Editing AVCHD will be pretty slow. It requires a lot of RAM & a lot of CPU power.
I don't have too many problems on my i7 system though.