PDA

View Full Version : Miners Are Getting Out Soon

SurferJoe46
11-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Those miners deep in the ground for months are finally going to get released on Wednesday.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-chile-miners-medical-20101011,0,5276213.story

plod
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
The catholic priests will be happy

roddy_boy
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I was in bed with my girlfriend the other night, and told her to give me a Chilean Miner. She asked what that meant, so I told her to go to the bottom of my shaft and stay there til christmas.

Gobe1
11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
so do they draw straws on who goes first??? Besides the injured that is

Roddy that should be in the jokes but bloody brilliant HAw Haw

roddy_boy
11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Was going to post it in there but I'm boycotting Billy T's threads due to his hypocrisy.

gary67
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Why not boycott the whole forum due to no one being able to spell to your ability?

Apparently they are arguing over who is going to be last

Gobe1
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Guess they will all have to share the movie royalties :)

tut
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I think I read it was going to take an hour to get each one up. Imagine being in that dark container for that time. I cant help imagining what I would be thinking if it suddenly stopped half way up. It is the thing of nightmares.

roddy_boy
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
You read wrong.

tut
12-10-2010, 04:12 AM
I dont think so.

Quote:
'When the rescue takes place it could take each miner more than an hour to get to the surface'. (Mine rescue web site)

tut
12-10-2010, 05:43 AM
I read it right but they didnt say that that was the total time for each miner to be to be rescued.Now they say the actual time in the capsule will only be 15-20 minutes.
I stand corrected.

roddy_boy
12-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Oh yeah fair enough, although that quote is a week old. Current articles are saying half an hour. But yeah whatever.

Edit: Snap new post.

WalOne
12-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I was in bed with my girlfriend the other night, and told her to give me a Chilean Miner. She asked what that meant, so I told her to go to the bottom of my shaft and stay there til christmas.

:clap:clap

Paul.Cov
12-10-2010, 09:07 AM
I think I read it was going to take an hour to get each one up. Imagine being in that dark container for that time. I cant help imagining what I would be thinking if it suddenly stopped half way up. It is the thing of nightmares.

My thoughts exactly. That rescue capsule and the narrow shaft is very much the stuff of nightmares.

This is an un-lined shaft. The walls of it being dirt and stone whcih will progressively get more and more ragged with every passage of the capsule.

All that is needed is a tiny edge of a large stone to slip a few mm into the shaft to bring that rescus capsule to a standstill.

For the poor bugger in the capsule they will be totally helpless, unable to raise their arms to work on a solution, unable to escape the rescue capsule. Unable to even scratch their nose.
The rescue passage is far worse than what they have already endured.
If that shaft is compromised during your transit then the rescue capsule becomes your coffin.

Snorkbox
12-10-2010, 09:41 AM
They will no doubt be led to the time clock as their first duty so the company can stop paying them.

Think of all that overtime racking up!

Gobe1
12-10-2010, 11:19 AM
The rescue passage is far worse than what they have already endured.
If that shaft is compromised during your transit then the rescue capsule becomes your coffin.

They should perhaps slip a few euthanasia drugs in the capsule just in case if that should so happen

Renmoo
14-10-2010, 12:21 PM
We have prayed to San Lorenzo, the patron saint of miners, and to many other saints so that my brothers Florencio and Renan would come out of the mine all right. It is as if they had been born again," said Priscila Avalos. One of her brothers was the first miner rescued, and the other was due out later in the evening.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10680516

Ah, the irony. If it weren't for engineering feats, I don't think the saints could have helped them.

John H
14-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Brilliant. They are all safely out now. There are still about five rescue workers down in the chamber and they too have to be brought out one by one, but everything has worked fine thus far.

Everybody singing the Chilean national anthem at the drop of a hat! I bet Kiwis wouldn't do that; we would all be looking for the guy to sue.

prefect
14-10-2010, 02:18 PM
They should perhaps slip a few euthanasia drugs in the capsule just in case if that should so happen
Or a pistol be better than dying of thirst

goodiesguy
14-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Why did the Minor's get stuck down there in the first place? little kids should not be allowed there. lol joking.

I hope the miners get out

John H
14-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Why did the Minor's get stuck down there in the first place? little kids should not be allowed there. lol joking.

I hope the miners get out

See two posts above yours - they have all been out for 20 mins or so.

Whenu
14-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Wonder how the miner with the girlfriend as well as a wife is getting on? Didn't go back down?

John H
14-10-2010, 02:40 PM
He was met by his girlfriend. His wife stayed at home...

zqwerty
14-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Error

PEBKAC
14-10-2010, 04:10 PM
He was met by his girlfriend. His wife stayed at home...

This makes me lulz. Imagine being the poor guy, the two women finding each other and him being nearly a km underground and unable to defend himself! Karma, she is unkind.

Fantastic they are all out though. What a misadventure.

Gobe1
14-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Pretty amazing they had no hiccups bringing any of them up all right

John H
14-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Yep, and the last of the rescue workers has now been pulled up. Pretty flash.

And a Kiwi was involved - he designed the biometric 'vest' that all of the miners wore in the rescue to monitor their vital signs. It looks like his company is going to do some great business following this free publicity - he was invited to supply the vests.

Great to get some good news for a change.

As far as the miner's girlfriend was concerned, she was described in the news feed from Chile as being his 'live-in girlfriend', and his wife as being his 'estranged wife', so I guess there were no secrets.