PDA

View Full Version : free hide problem on external hard drive

petemit
11-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi I have "free hide" encription software on my computer and on my external hard drive

the files that i have hidden on my external hard drive were hidden under the designation drive letter f drive unfortunately work has set up a server with f drive as the file designation name so now my external hard drive loads as I drive. I therefore cant access the files to unhide them
I donít know how to change the F on free hide so I can unhide my files on my external hard drive then re hide them to the new drive designation

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Peter

SolMiester
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Right click on the F: mapping and disconnect, then connect your external drive, un-encrypt, re-assign the drive letter to something esle then log off and back on again to get your server mapping

petemit
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Thanks but even with f drive disconected it still comes up as I drive is there any way to change the drive letter within free hide

petemit
12-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi solmiester
i sorted the problem by disconecting f drive then changing the drive number on the external disk useing adminisrative tools

I need to get f drive back up now

thanks for your help
Peter

SolMiester
12-10-2010, 10:26 AM
If at work the F: mapping should come back with the login script, if not use the map network drive button from my computer and use the drop down list to select the correct mapping....