PDA

View Full Version : Win 2k3 GPO for Office 2007 - a Save As setting?

FAB
07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Second post of the day! I am so on a roll.

I have the Office 2007 ADM installed here and have set the default file type for Word etc to office 2003 - because that's what management requested.

Excel files are saving as xls of course, but if a user does a Save As it defaults to XLSX. I can't find any settings in the GPO to change this - anyone else struck this before?

SolMiester
07-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Second post of the day! I am so on a roll.

I have the Office 2007 ADM installed here and have set the default file type for Word etc to office 2003 - because that's what management requested.

Excel files are saving as xls of course, but if a user does a Save As it defaults to XLSX. I can't find any settings in the GPO to change this - anyone else struck this before?

Well, xlsx is the native format of 2007, however in the application option you can set older or other formats to Save excel document as.
So I think the save as will always default to native however you can force other format as default, but not other way around...does that make sense?

FAB
08-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey SM

Uh sure.I think. You are saying you can force either the Save or Save As commands to be something other than native using group policy?
If that's the case, I can't see it in the area in gpo where you set the default file format, unless it's somewhere else?