PDA

View Full Version : There is a God - not Paul Henry!!

Zippity
05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10678313

prefect
05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Travesty end of free speech in NZ the lefties have won.

Gobe1
05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
A Heinous crime

Erayd
05-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Travesty end of free speech in NZ the lefties have won.How is this anything to do with free speech rights? He's been suspended by his employer, and the government hasn't had anything to do with it.

Zippity
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Travesty end of free speech in NZ the lefties have won.

Rubbish!!!

Common sense has won. :banana:banana:banana

DeSade
05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
He went too far but usually hes brilliant

Gobe1
05-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I Agree he is brilliant, but disagree he went to far, maybe on the limit
But it was only a matter of time i guess

Trev
05-10-2010, 01:51 PM
He had it coming.
:)

BobM
05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
He had it coming.
:)Well over due! :thumbs:

zqwerty
05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
The pompous little twit should be instantly dismissed.

wratterus
05-10-2010, 02:12 PM
He is my favourite NZ media personality by far. I haven't disagreed with anything he's said on race and political issues for quite some time... I think it's outrageous he's off work for a week for what he said, I agree 100%. Get a real kiwi for such a high-up job!

We are far too PC. :(

DeSade
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Maybe a 3 day slap-on-the-wrist suspension for TVNZ to save face but no more than that.
jeez harden up, people are total wusses when it comes to offence these days.

Snorkbox
05-10-2010, 02:32 PM
He is my favourite NZ media personality by far. I haven't disagreed with anything he's said on race and political issues for quite some time... I think it's outrageous he's off work for a week for what he said, I agree 100%. Get a real kiwi for such a high-up job!

Isn't it two weeks he is off for. October 18th I thought.

wratterus
05-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Probably, I just skimmed the article...:badpc:

Cicero
05-10-2010, 02:36 PM
I find him rather full of himself,but I agree with him on this occasion.

I think anybody of rank should look a bit like Colin Meads,a good keen Kiwi.

zqwerty
05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't really care what he says it's his body language, general demeanor and w*nkey little ways which get on my nerves, what gets me is how such a little twit can have so much self-confidence, doesn't he ever look in the mirror.

Billy T
05-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Get a real kiwi for such a high-up job!

He is a real Kiwi! He was born here, educated here, lived here all his life and speaks four languages, including maori.

I'd suggest he's more of a Kiwi that you are, he's not a bigot or a racist.

Technically there is no such person as a 'real kiwi' in this country anyway, because without exception, every single person born in this country is descended from immigrants. That is a plain, simple, and incontravertible fact, but for all that, Sir Anand Satyanand is as good a kiwi bloke as you'll ever find.

There are some I'd like to deport though, particularly those who use racism as a weapon against their fellow New Zealanders.

Billy

DeSade
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
But its NOT racism, is a flippant comment from a man that did not think before he said it.
This word, racism is the most overused word to have ever existed.

wratterus
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I didn't mean kiwi as in which race he his - I know full well there is no real thing as a 'kiwi', but his appearance and name are decidedly un-kiwi. I wouldn't say Paul Henry was trying to be insensitive or racist, it's just one of those things that slips out. I have nothing at all against him, or his original nationality, but surely for jobs that involve a reasonable amount of publicity, especially international, it would be better to have someone who, by sound and appearance, reflects the majority of the NZ population. :2cents:

Cicero's comment a bit up the page is great.

ps, I think bigot is a bit harsh, no? ;)

prefect
05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I find him rather full of himself,but I agree with him on this occasion.

I think anybody of rank should look a bit like Colin Meads,a good keen Kiwi.
Pretty well nailed it, seems the prevailing view from normal NZers although not of the left wing liberal commie tree hugging pc types.
My definition of a proper New Zealander is one that does qualify the kiwi/New Zealander bit with a country or race suffix like NZ Indian, NZ Chinese, Samoan kiwi, Muslim NZer but just New Zealander on its own.
The majority of the people in this country are European/White/Caucasian ex British stock but they dont say British NZer do they?
That my take on it anyway thats how I classify if someone is a real NZer/kiwi or not hardly contentious.

PEBKAC
05-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Bit of a stink first post I know, but...

We 'coloured' Kiwis (as in born here, educated here, contribute all our taxes and ask for nothing back) find this sort of rambling derogatory, hateful and plain nasty - sets us back even further than before. It's not 1930 any more.

Henry is out of touch, and anyone that thinks pale skin (yes, that is what you're thinking) is the pre-requisite for being a Kiwi...well shucks. I guess any Russian or South African or German can be as kiwi as they want. But several generations of Indian or Asian, moreso than some white 'New Zealanders', just don't cut the mustard.

So, respectfully disagreeing with those that are suggesting concrete pills. It may seem funny that us 'darkies' etc are getting kicked in the teeth again, but we're not talking about FOBs that jump onto our healthcare system and drive into our powerpoles. We're talking about multi-generational New Zealanders, born and bred, drinking your beer, wearing your jandals, firing up your BBQ and making a jolly good day of it. Just with different coloured skin. It's pretty hurtful to be told that, kiwi as you are, you're NOT because you are the wrong colour.

plod
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM

I hope you are not suggesting we have Ken Meir for the job

DeSade
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
As far as I am concerned I don't give a rats ass if your black, white, yellow, green, or purple. A kiwi is a kiwi, born in this country and lived in this country most of their life, there are no further imposed restrictions in my mind.

I think the message is getting lost in all this talk of colours.

Paul Henry said a stupid thing, thoughtless and tactless but it was not racially motivated and it was not malicious.
We all need to take lessons from the older generation, where you damn well had no doubts when your were being insulted or offended, these days the skin (regardless of its colour) is far too thin.

paulw
05-10-2010, 04:35 PM
But its NOT racism, is a flippant comment from a man that did not think before he said it.
This word, racism is the most overused word to have ever existed.

Remember in NZ. It's only racist if the white person says it but not if a brown person says it..

Cicero
05-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Cicero's comment a bit up the page is great.

ps, I think bigot is a bit harsh, no? ;)

Do we have a bleeding heart emoticon?

wratterus
05-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Remember in NZ. It's only racist if the white person says it but not if a brown person says it..

Exactly

Do we have a bleeding heart emoticon?

Yeah, where is that? ;)

DeSade
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM

This I agree with 100%.

allblack
05-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Bingo!

If we weren't so bloody precious and pc then people like Henry wouldn't be an issue.

As the one individual with balls at TVNZ said, he says what 95% of us think but are too scared and oppressed to say it.

allblack
05-10-2010, 05:08 PM

200% now.

Billy T
05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I didn't mean kiwi as in which race he his - I know full well there is no real thing as a 'kiwi', but his appearance and name are decidedly un-kiwi.

He looks more like a Maori than anything else, and what is un-kiwi about that?

As for his name, when your name becomes more important than your country of birth, your appearance, or your achievements for society then it will be a sad day for New Zealanders of all ethnic origins.

What about our fifth and sixth generation Chinese Kiwis? Does having a Chinese face and a Chinese name make them less of a Kiwi?

I stand by my opinion wratterus, whether you meant it or not, that you wrote it and defend it confirms that you are prejudiced against New Zealanders who don't happen to fit your preconcieved idea of a WASP New Zealand.

The opinion you expressed is indefensible.

Billy

Zippity
05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Bingo!

If we weren't so bloody precious and pc then people like Henry wouldn't be an issue.

As the one individual with balls at TVNZ said, he says what 95% of us think but are too scared and oppressed to say it.

Ain't it funny how some will try to distort the facts to suit their own argument?

Cicero
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Billy T;954736
The opinion you expressed is indefensible.

Billy[/QUOTE]

In your eyes!,which means what?

What we are talking of is opinions.

B.M.
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Dahhhhhh, just more PC-BS. :rolleyes:

Actually, wasn’t TNNZ’s CEO Rick Ellis Chris Carters ex? :confused:

prefect
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM

No doubt about that, imagine if a White/Caucasian /European said he didnt want his daughter to date maoris. There would be hell to pay be the biggest news item since the Tangiawai rail disaster. Maoris says same thing its no biggie.
This a huge miscarriage of justice.

Cicero
05-10-2010, 07:35 PM
No doubt about that, imagine if a White/Caucasian /European said he didnt want his daughter to date maoris. There would be hell to pay be the biggest news item since the Tangiawai rail disaster. Maoris says same thing its no biggie.
This a huge miscarriage of justice.

Note not a word on THAT subject from our B.

qazwsxokmijn
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
What we are talking of is opinions.
True, but even racist bigots have opinions.

Trev
06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Everyone is getting stuck into him. TVNZ has had over 600 complaints. Even our old friend John Minto is protesting against him. Paul Henry even abused NZ Herald reporters trying to get comments from him.

prefect
06-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Its a pity our SIS does not sort out Minto bar.

Gobe1
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree with Paulw 100%
Did you see tamehere and whats his face on cambell live last night??

Wow even acronyms are bleeped out :wow

SolMiester
06-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Dahhhhhh, just more PC-BS. :rolleyes:

Actually, wasn’t TNNZ’s CEO Rick Ellis Chris Carters ex? :confused:

I agreed...600 complaints and the media are over hyping this as if the whole of NZ is up in arms!...
Side note, where to these protesters come from, do they not have a job, or are they the hired protesters?....
NZ is turning into precious school kids with this PC BS!...Besides which, how many people think a typical kiwi looks like an Indian?...We are White>Maori>PI>Chinese or Indian...that's the fact Jack...

SolMiester
06-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Fantastic blog here about it from Catus Kate
http://asianinvasion2006.blogspot.com/2010/10/handwringers-add-to-paul-henry.html

Says it all really......

Gobe1
06-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Correct except "If Henry was a female, well lets face it, he wouldn't have said it as females on TV in NZ are employed to look good and be as dull as dishwater."
I certainly dont find their eye candy dull :)

Cicero
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
God only knows what Catos Kate believes in,not a lot I would say.

Zippity
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Catos Kate is probably some guy in drag anyway.

wratterus
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I just saw utopian had grabbed my earlier comment and put it as his sig, It was rushed and i did not say it well at all.... ;)

What I said was this...

I didn't mean kiwi as in which race he his - I know full well there is no real thing as a 'kiwi', but his appearance and name are decidedly un-kiwi.

Makes me sound like a Muppet... :p It should have sounded a lot more like this...

I didn’t mean kiwi as in which race he is, I know there is technically no ‘kiwi’ race, but a person can have an appearance and accent that is generally accepted as being kiwi, and Anand does not fit that appearance. I suspect that is what Paul Henry was talking about, and I don’t think him saying what he did was racist…

Zippity
07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Regardles of what he meant, once he shoots his mouth he just doesn't know when to stop.

Just watch some of the giggling baffoons Youtube clips :( :(

Chilling_Silence
07-10-2010, 02:05 PM
He's nowhere near as bad as Hone, but Mr Harawira plays the "Oh I'm a minority, I'm not going to apologize" card.

http://tinyurl.com/dkmakm
Swearing / profanity / public outbursts, excellent political policy. Not a role model.

http://tinyurl.com/27vw5me
Public poling afterwards revealed that around 85% of New Zealand had no issue with the race of who their children dated. Must have been the Maoris who voted saying they *did* have an issue. That's not an ideal we should be modeling to the children of tomorrow. He's certainly not the kind of person who should be in a position of leadership.

http://tinyurl.com/2a47op9
Hone not even requested to apologize, so he doesn't. He's not man enough to admit when he may have crossed the line. Again, not a role model.

http://tinyurl.com/239bl3x
Maori party thinking of disciplining him, but don't, he gets away with it. Yet again, he's no role model, and shouldn't be allowed near parliament.

I have much respect for Pita and Tariana, but it's time to throw this loose cannon overboard. Then, and maybe then, should New Zealand begin pointing the finger at Paul.

Paul Henrys comments were very light-hearted, after John Key had struggled to pronounce Sir Anand Satyanand's name.

Imagine how Billy T would be handled today, saying things like

"If it wasn't for the Poms you'd all be the same colour as me, mate!", and "I'm half Scot, half Māori. One half wants to get pissed (drunk) and the other doesn't want to pay for it".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_T

What's the difference between Billy T and Paul Henry, vs Hone? Hone is using it maliciously and means what he says. Billy and Paul were simply joking, they're entertainers.

Marnie
07-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Have so many gone stark raving mad?
A guy known for making controversial statements does it again and 'Renta-Protestor' moves in with a vengeance. Opinions from Jenny and Joe Bloggs flew from North Cape to Bluff, even some from lands far away.
It was a totally thoughtless and unwise statement and needed to be put to right, I don't think anyone would deny that.
We have far more heinous crimes around us that should require at least the same publicity.
The one who seems to have come out of this with admirable dignity is our
Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand. Maybe if more of his details had been made public, rather than of those such as Paris Hilton, people would be more aware of him.

Zippity
07-10-2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/video.cfm?c_id=1&gal_cid=1502728&gallery_id=114354

xyz823
07-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Yet Hone can say what he likes??

Interesting.

martynz
07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Why try to divert the criticism from Paul Henry by banging on about Hone Harawira?
Its a totally different situation.
Henry is employed by a taxpayer owned TV channel, Hone is an elected MP.

DeSade
07-10-2010, 04:17 PM
So cause Hone is a MP its ok for him to say what he likes?
And because Henry is employeed by a SOE he can't

What a crock...

Bottom line here is there is no equality, so called minorities seem to have the majority of rights in this country and can say what they please.

Zippity
07-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Bottom line is Henry has to go............................

PERIOD!!!

DeSade
07-10-2010, 04:21 PM

PERIOD!!!

Disagree 100%

I would like to see Hone "removed", that would be good.

xyz823
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Why try to divert the criticism from Paul Henry by banging on about Hone Harawira?

I didn't vote for him. Can I vote him out and Paul Henry in??

If you ran a poll "Henry of Harawira for MP" who would win?

Trev
07-10-2010, 05:37 PM

PERIOD!!!

Quite agree. The disrespectful arrogant prick has to go.

Cicero
07-10-2010, 05:40 PM

PERIOD!!!

Conversely,he should stay and get a pay rise.

Chilling_Silence
07-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I agree, he should stay.
Have you seen the video? He's paid to be a comedian and joke about things. Billy T was never criticized anywhere near as harshly, and he was also a comedian.

Hone Harawira on the other hand is disgusting enough to be 100% behind his comments. He should not be in any form of position of power or role model position with an attitude like that. As an MP, you should be leading an examplery life, yet Hone models the opposite of behavior that is socially acceptable in NZ and gets away with it.

Paul Henry on the other hand is paid to lighten up peoples mornings and be funny.

Watch the video again, John Key couldn't even pronounce Sir Anands name, so Paul jokes about it. Key was having a laugh along with him, he wasn't "taken aback" or anything.

Then, things like the Herald saying his apology was rejected. It bloody wasn't. 3rd parties don't like it so they dismissed it, but his apology was never dismissed by the Governor General at all. He, in fact, declined to comment on it, he's at the Commonwealth Games.

Have you tried to pronounce Sir Anand Satyanand's name? All respect to him, but it's not the sort of thing most english-speaking humans are used to getting their tongue around, so you can understand why John Key couldn't pronounce it.

martynz
07-10-2010, 06:47 PM
So cause Hone is a MP its ok for him to say what he likes?
And because Henry is employeed by a SOE he can't

What a crock...

Bottom line here is there is no equality, so called minorities seem to have the majority of rights in this country and can say what they please.

"So cause Hone is a MP its ok for him to say what he likes?"
Did I say that?
No!

B.M.
07-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Well I just hope the government has sent a plane load of counsellors to India to treat the Governor General’s self esteem after such a savage attack by Henry! :crying

Dahhhhh, school yard rubbish! :rolleyes:

martynz
07-10-2010, 09:08 PM
"Dahhhhh, school yard rubbish!'

I take it you are referring to Paul Henry.

Chilling_Silence
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
"So cause Hone is a MP its ok for him to say what he likes?"
Did I say that?
No!

But at the end of the day, the Maori party only "thought" about disciplining him, but never actually did, even after all the examples I provided which were *far* worse and both deliberately and intentionally malicious.

Paul was joking around after John Key slurred his way through Sir Anand Satyanand's name and Paul, as he is paid to do, joked about it.

Cicero
08-10-2010, 07:17 AM
But at the end of the day, the Maori party only "thought" about disciplining him, but never actually did, even after all the examples I provided which were *far* worse and both deliberately and intentionally malicious.

Paul was joking around after John Key slurred his way through Sir Anand Satyanand's name and Paul, as he is paid to do, joked about it.

I hope your new wife appreciates your patience,it is that of Job.

B.M.
08-10-2010, 08:41 AM
"Dahhhhh, school yard rubbish!'

I take it you are referring to Paul Henry.

No, I'm referring to the whole incident, including the Goon's that have just pushed Paul Henry up the Ratings and entitled him to a pay rise. :lol:

Zippity
08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
The "Goons" will win :D :D :D :D

B.M.
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
The "Goons" will win :D :D

The Goons never win, :D although most are delusional and think they have. :rolleyes:

Take Minto for instance. A lifetime of 1..2..3..4.. Na..Na..Na..Na..Na..Na.Na. - second verse, same as the first. 1..2..3..4..Na…………………

What a life, and he could list his achievements on the edge of a postage stamp.

He should also be charged with bringing protesting into disrepute. :devil

johcar
08-10-2010, 01:00 PM

The end of that statement should read "Hone is an elected MP, paid by the New Zealand taxpayer"

But of course that would shoot your argument in the foot.

The method by which Harawira attained his (current) exalted position may differ from Henry's, but the fact is, they are both employed by the taxpayers of this country, either directly or indirectly.

When it comes down to it they are both idiots spouting rubbish - the sad difference is that Harawira actually believes his rubbish.

Gobe1
08-10-2010, 01:25 PM
100% Johcar

Chilling_Silence
08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Not to mention Paul Henry JUST won the "Peoples Choice" award a fortnight ago.

Hone got in to parliament because they had seats spare ...

Cicero
08-10-2010, 02:04 PM
A picture of arrogance,which wouldn't be so bad if he had something to be arrogant about.

http://www.parliament.nz/en-NZ/MPP/MPs/MPs/3/f/b/49MP126921-Harawira-Hone.htm

I am missing you already Paul,please hurry back.

xyz823
08-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Breakfast keeps it raw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9N8n3e07U).

wratterus
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
:lol:

SolMiester
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Regardles of what he meant, once he shoots his mouth he just doesn't know when to stop.

Just watch some of the giggling baffoons Youtube clips :( :(
Not unlike you then!

:pf1mobmini:

Cicero
08-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Not unlike you then!

Cruel,but true.:rolleyes:

Billy T
08-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Note not a word on THAT subject from our B.

I said my bit and moved on. Hopefully Henry, having said his bit, will move on as well, preferably off-air, and soon.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

qazwsxokmijn
08-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I've just seen the news showing clips of his moment in the whole Dikshit thing. Personally I did find it funny, the name's funny in the English language of course. But it's those sort of things you just shouldn't say on TV, probably should just stay as a joke between your friends and colleagues and nothing more. It is funny, but doing it on TV is just asking for trouble.

I can understand the few members here would say it's all OK to say something about someone's name on TV the way Henry did. Reflecting on their previous posts I think I can say most are just racially ignorant, no malice intended, but I find one to be a racist bigot, perhaps also denial about it.

robbyp
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I've just seen the news showing clips of his moment in the whole Dikshit thing. Personally I did find it funny, the name's funny in the English language of course. But it's those sort of things you just shouldn't say on TV, probably should just stay as a joke between your friends and colleagues and nothing more. It is funny, but doing it on TV is just asking for trouble.

I can understand the few members here would say it's all OK to say something about someone's name on TV the way Henry did. Reflecting on their previous posts I think I can say most are just racially ignorant, no malice intended, but I find one to be a racist bigot, perhaps also denial about it.

The thing is that other forms of media did far worse that what henry did. I remember hearing something much worse on one of the radio shows, about the name. The problem with henry is that he often doesn't think before he speaks. If he was still on TV, I can imagine the jokes he would be making about the NZ athlete Newdick. Some people do have unfortunate names. There used to be a motor company near were I used to live called Wayne Kerr Motors, so I assume that there is a Wayne Kerr.

qazwsxokmijn
08-10-2010, 06:53 PM
The thing is that other forms of media did far worse that what henry did. I remember hearing something much worse on one of the radio shows, about the name. The problem with henry is that he often doesn't think before he speaks. If he was still on TV, I can imagine the jokes he would be making about the NZ athlete Newdick. Some people do have unfortunate names. There used to be a motor company near were I used to live called Wayne Kerr Motors, so I assume that there is a Wayne Kerr.
Maybe so, but making fun of someone's name, especially with a status that Sheila has on TV is just not wise.

I have a somewhat funny last name myself and it's been used as a bit of a joke by my friends sometimes. Nowhere near as out there as Dikshit, though.

Oh, and I had to repeat 'Wayne Kerr' in my head a couple times to get it. :p

Chilling_Silence
08-10-2010, 07:02 PM
At the end of the day, he's paid to brighten peoples mornings.

A racist is somebody who is prejudice against specific races.

Jokes, essentially make fun of somebody, or an object, or a circumstance, which you can misconstrue as prejudice very easily.

People need to suck it up and realize he's not serious, unlike the Wayne Kerr that is Hone Harawira. He didn't even get a sympathy vote, he's just in parliament coz he's got friends in high places, and if anybody thinks that Paul should get sacked for his light-hearted jesting, then Hone should be publicly stoned for his significantly worse and intentionally malicious, yet people seem to have forgotten all about that, and this is simply overblown sensationalism in the media! Hone is a despicable arrogant bigot, the scum of the earth, and has no business being near parliament or in any position of leadership, power, or role model.

Cicero
08-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Oh, and I had to repeat 'Wayne Kerr' in my head a couple times to get it. :p

Which may give us a clue as to why you are unable to see the levity in Paul's comments.

qazwsxokmijn
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Which may give us a clue as to why you are unable to see the levity in Paul's comments.
I'm not denying Henry does what he does out of a childish sense of humour. I doubt he actually has any malice nor racial inclinations in his Dikshit saga. But it is a childish thing to do, it is offensive, and he should have exercised more restrain.

I'm all for good fun, I can laugh at myself sometimes, I make fun of people's names all the time but hell I would never dare to make fun of someone's name that holds the same gravity as Dikshit on TV.

Cato
08-10-2010, 07:44 PM
It's good how he is breaking PC. I like it. People like him Hone, Laws et al, I hate them all, but they are bringing one thing to the table and that is them braking the mystical power of PC that the world seems to revolve around.

People should be able to say whatever they want, good on his for saying it. He is a little Wayne Kerr that acts like a gay teenager (or maybe a borderline self cutting teenage girl with a foul head and mouth disease) with a carrot up his ass but it's the ends that count, not the means.

And it's also interesting how the "Anglo Saxons" here complain they are second class citizens compared to maori and here have no problems shitting on the GG.

I have heard you, prefect, reinforce a certain notion here, the notion that to be a true Kiwi you have to be born here. More so when you have attacked a certain member on here, who were born in England and had commented about NZ politics a few months ago.
So it would appear your opinion is that you not only have to be born here but you have to have certain genetics traits to be equal to you.

And this isn't only your opinion, obviously a lot of people believe the same way. And there is nothing wrong with that, as long as we aren't pretending the world is a perfect place, which it ain't.

The reality is people are who they ****ing are, lets go by that. Democracy is after all about the majority and not the minority. So lets all stop pretending and move on with our lives.

---------------------------------

Long story short: Not a problem with what Henry says, but he's a little **** of a ******.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKoQgODwveE

R2x1
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Some of you have seen that person on TV?
I haven't seen either Henry or Harawira on TV, a most fortunate happenstance which I sincerely hope remains the case.

Neither is as bad as Rudenee Hyde.

Cato
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I haven't seen either Henry or Harawira on TV, a most fortunate happenstance which I sincerely hope remains the case.

Nah, you see the problem with guys like they believe what they say, and they'll say it.
Hone'd probably not recant everything even if were being burnt on a steak (which wouldn't be a bad thing).
Hyde and his like, they don't even know quite what they are saying, let alone believe it. They'll change whatever it is they are saying before they have even finished saying it, they are just morons.

LynX
08-10-2010, 08:22 PM
e^(i*pi)+1=0

Thus God exists.

Cicero
08-10-2010, 08:42 PM

You sir should wash your mouth out.

Cicero
08-10-2010, 08:49 PM
e^(i*pi)+1=0

Thus God exists.

Conversely E3=22over7xtyl(89)

Which proves he doesn't.

goodiesguy
08-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I just watched the clip on youtube for the first time (im a bit behind, i know)

I found it hillarious. It was not racist.

People really just need to lighten up and stop being so stuck up and acting serious like they are john cleese.

One of our rights as humans is Freedom of Speech. He was freely expressing speech in what he found funny, and from what i saw in the video, he has a very good Non-PC sense of humor.

Monty Python and the similar are Non-PC and make jokes like this all the time, and yet nobody complains about these, they don't make huge protests etc..

Get Rid of this so called "Political Correctness" so we can have a happy and humor full world without people being so offended so easily.

I see it as only a joke (a very funny one at that) and nothing more. We should be able to joke about anything.

Twelvevolts
08-10-2010, 09:20 PM
even if were being burnt on a steak

Not a pretty way to go if you were a vegetarian . . . .

B.M.
08-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Henry probably would be more suited (and far richer) hosting in Aus. The Aussies are less bogged down with this PC C..P. (although the PC Brigade are putting up a fight to reduce that country to NZ’s pathetic level).

A Kiwi boy from New Plymouth, one Derryn Hinch, has been Aussies equivalent to Paul Henry and Paul Holmes combined for many years. For those who don’t know, he even did time inside for one of his efforts, and up went his ratings. :D

Unfortunately, Derryn has major health problems and his retirement is imminent or possibly even happened by now. So there you are Paul, (you half bread Wog :D), improve yourself and move to Aus. Offending the “Political Correct” is part of the game over there.

I still laugh about an altercation in an Aussie Pub I was drinking at where one guy gave another a right “spray”. After the recipient had left I said to the guy left, “Jeeeez, that was a bit harsh” and he looked me right in the eye and said “I didn’t want the B….rd dying not knowing what I thought of him”.

They tell it how it is over there and so should we. :lol:

qazwsxokmijn
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
We should be able to joke about anything.
I find your mother's lack of ability to instill decency into her own offspring hilarious.

Not very funny when it offends you is it? Granted the above wasn't exactly a light-hearted joke (or true, I wouldn't know, don't take it personally btw), it's a joke nonetheless right?

My point is, some jokes can be catastrophic to the relations between races, countries, economies. While admittedly I found Henry's gaffe hilarious, it's one of those things that he should have kept to his mates and colleagues behind the camera to prevent offence to Indians. And the Indians DO have a right to be pissed off about it.

goodiesguy
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
But we are not indians, nor would i be pissed off it it was about the kiwi race

qazwsxokmijn
08-10-2010, 09:51 PM
But we are not indians,
Oh OK then, so that makes us making fun of Indians acceptable.

nor would i be pissed off it it was about the kiwi race
Trust me, if the tables were turned, some Kiwis would be pissed.

You have little inkling about what freedom of speech is. There are lines between stupidity, malice and freedom. Unfortunately Henry's sense (or yours for that matter) of what freedom of speech is is blurred on the stupidity line.

Trev
08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
goodiesguy it is all to do with respect. Didn't your mother teach you any of that either.

zqwerty
08-10-2010, 10:31 PM
paul henry is a juvenile little turd and should be fired not only for what he has said and the way he acts but because he just does not know when to stop, he is on shows aimed at adults not ones for little kids.

Nomad
08-10-2010, 11:35 PM
But we are not indians, nor would i be pissed off it it was about the kiwi race

It's not just a race issue, it was a person.
Would you be pissed if someone on TV mocked you directly or your girlfriend or your mother and repeated it and head a good laugh, plus they showed their photographs on TV?

Would you be pissed of with me, if I said to you, just go have a laugh about it ..

goodiesguy
09-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Paul Henry's Dikshit Benny Hill Style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hnZX9VNn0)

i made this really quickly

pctek
09-10-2010, 07:18 AM
It's good how he is breaking PC.

People should be able to say whatever they want

Um, should they? Like kill all christians perhaps?

Regardless I think he is a bit juvenile, and if he wanted to make smart remarks about various people, he should save it for after work, not on NZs main TV network, on air.

Which is what the fuss is about mostly - the rest of the world have picked it up remember.

As for Governer Generals being real Nzers - perhaps then the GG should be Maori. After all, the rest of us (or at least our ancestors) are just immigrants aren't we?

Cato
09-10-2010, 07:29 AM
As for Governer Generals being real Nzers - perhaps then the GG should be Maori. After all, the rest of us (or at least our ancestors) are just immigrants aren't we?

But then they don't look like real Anglo Saxon Kiwis do they? Well, at least the real ones don't...

Cicero
09-10-2010, 07:42 AM

Let us remember the maoris are immigrant too,just a bit earlier.

Cato
09-10-2010, 07:50 AM

Yeah, but by eating the natives they became the natives?

prefect
09-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Whats interesting to me is the tv1 and tv3 Closeup and Campbell live text polls which overwhelmingly support Paul Henry. 87% thought we shouldnt apologize to the indians.
We white people arent allowed to joke about this stuff while the darker skinned people lay into us with impunity.
Come the revolution it will all get sorted out.

Cicero
09-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Yeah, but by eating the natives they became the natives?

So you are saying that if we had done the same,there wouldn't be a problem today?

Cato
09-10-2010, 08:19 AM
So you are saying that if we had done the same,there wouldn't be a problem today?

Nah, probably wouldn't have worked well in NZ, but had the East India Company cannibalized it's sphere of influence, we definitely wouldn't.

Paul.Cov
09-10-2010, 08:29 AM
If a white male Aussie Prime Minister had the Dicks... name we'd all be mercilessly making fun of it.
Likewise if John Key was named Wayne Kerr we'd all be hearing him spoofed on a practically daily basis.

(oops, no pun intended using the words spoof and w*nker in the same sentence :banana)

They showed Sheila D on TV pronouncing her name. Henry pronounced her name correctly! It is not "Dixit" as earlier reported. Her name is kinda funny and also kinda objectionable at the same time. Live with it! She has had to!

Henry went a bit far when he started jesting about Indian toilets with the "dick in s..." quip, but the Dicksh.. bit is not really anything to get up in arms about. It is her damned name whether you like it or not.

What has helped throw all this out of proportion is that Indians have been repeatedly globally offended by Kiwis in recent weeks regarding their work ethics, work standards and hygeine standards with regard to the Commonwealth games construction efforts.
Consequently they, and all the PC brigade are keen to put the boot into Kiwis currently.

Big deal about nothing. However the world is filled up with a mixture of people. SOme of those people have fun laughing at others. Others have fun objecting about others. THese two groups rarely see eye to eye and view each other as Wayne Kerrs. So be it. Wayne on all you want.

'Kerrs! :devil

Zippity
09-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Not unlike you then!

I see that shoe sizes and IQ's are a similar number in your family :illogical:illogical:illogical

Trev
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I wonder if the Queen has heard about this some TV host insulting one of her representatives.

B.M.
09-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I wonder if the Queen has heard about this some TV host insulting one of her representatives.

Don’t know about the Queen, but I figure if the Duke has his way we can look forward to Sir Paul Henry. :eek:

I seem to recall the Duke taking it upon himself to insult the odd Indian from time to time. :D

Trev
09-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes he makes the odd fopar. Not sure if that is how you spell it. :lol:

Snorkbox
09-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Faux pas!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_pas

pctek
09-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Let's go further.
We're all immigrants and we're all related to each other, ultimately.
What was the problem again?

Snorkbox
09-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Of course we are all related. We started with Adam and Eve so therefore we are all a bunch of inbred sods.

prefect
09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe we started from apes in Africa and spread out.

pctek
09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Of course we are all related. We started with Adam and Eve so therefore we are all a bunch of inbred sods.

No, no. We started off as some kind of mutant, unnatural monkey - we got evicted from the group for being completely bizarre - and now look - nothing much has changed.

Zippity
09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
No, no. We started off as some kind of mutant, unnatural monkey - we got evicted from the group for being completely bizarre - and now look - nothing much has changed.

Speak for yourself!! :banana:banana:banana:banana