PDA

View Full Version : Apple To Take Over Exxon?

SurferJoe46
05-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Gack! - I'll soon go to the iExxon iStation and get some i87 iOctane igas! :eek:

Never mind. I just read that Apple is going to SURPASS Exxon for company size, that's all.

The headline SHOULD read:

Apple OVERTAKES Exxon.

Phew! :waughh:

The Error Guy
05-10-2010, 05:42 AM
I hear that iOctane is good for keeping your iPod/pad/phone running smoothly, cleans the digitizers and contacts

KarameaDave
06-10-2010, 07:16 AM
iCrap iShould iAll iBe iMmollated.

wratterus
06-10-2010, 08:06 AM
I still can't believe you run your cars on such rubbish over there Joe, apple or not! Maybe the big yank tanks don't mind bad fuel so much? I don't let anything less than 95 touch my jap cars, and put in 98 whenever I get the opportunity. ;)

Apple owning an oil company though.... very scary thought.

wainuitech
06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
iSky (http://www.isky.co.nz/) :crying

paulw
06-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I still can't believe you run your cars on such rubbish over there Joe, apple or not! Maybe the big yank tanks don't mind bad fuel so much? I don't let anything less than 95 touch my jap cars, and put in 98 whenever I get the opportunity. ;)

Apple owning an oil company though.... very scary thought.

That's because you like feeding the oil companies profits. In the US cars have always been designed to run on low octane gas. Only the European snobs run their cars on hi octane gas..

SurferJoe46
06-10-2010, 12:58 PM
That's because you like feeding the oil companies profits. In the US cars have always been designed to run on low octane gas. Only the European snobs run their cars on hi octane gas..

The only production car actively sold in the US that requires 92 Research/Method octane is the Volvo. Most of our fuel is 87.

On my last trip to Montana, I saw 82 octane and a lot of 85. Higher altitude though.

At 7.75:1 compression ratio, we don't run higher octane. At the altitude in which I live, I could get away with a few lower points too. But if I drive to sea level, it'll ping and rattle like crazy.

And NO - the older Detroit Iron, carburetted engines don't LIKE alcohol at all!

Mostly FI came in at about 1995 or so across the boards, but there were a few carb'd engine that hung on. By 2000, I can't think of anything that isn't injected from the factory.

My K5 Blazer is in that carb-category and it is hell to start in the cold when alcohol won't vaporize and mix with the intake air.

Once running - it's pretty good and I get good gas mileage with it.

Bring your Euro box on over and run with me up and down a few of the hills here and I'll pass you every time on the corners. Follow my tail lights if you can drive that fast.

Where most roads have an advisory speed limit on an International Orange sign, I can usually run 2.5 - 3 time faster than the suggested limit. The Astro Van - not so much - but the K5 will gobble you and your econobox.

After we run some mountain roads and the freeway, then I'll race you across a few flowing riverbeds just for fun.

I always carry some logging chains to haul you back, don't worry.