PDA

View Full Version : Tivo deactivation

Hitech
04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I want to sell my tivo do i have to deactivate it on the website i read that if it does it will disable it permanently until the next person activates it im not to sure if i should do that or not or just reset it to factory standard, As i don't want the next person to have any personnel information of my account for my other tivo.

Speedy Gonzales
04-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Ring telecom?

Hitech
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
i did they dont know either

Speedy Gonzales
04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
lol well theyre hopeless. I guess you have to. Since you pay for it dont you?? And if you sold it and didnt do it, you'll be paying for something you dont use / have

Chilling_Silence
05-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Not specifically. Because it's a once-off payment for the TiVo, technically you could sell it to somebody else and never change a thing. Telecom don't care, because once they have their $XYZ amount, they're paid, that's all there is to it.

Regardless of if it's activated or deactivated when it's onsold, the seller still owes Telecom for the $X they bought it for.

To be honest, I'd hold down the Factory Reset (Format?) button on the front of it for 20 seconds. That'll start the format process which will likely take 5-10 minutes.
When that's done and it's all powered back on again, you'll see the "firstrun" screen. Thats when you can pull the power from the back of it.
You should be able to jump online to your account and deactivate it then, leaving it in a "brand new" state.