PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering, how much can i sell my PC for?

powerover
04-10-2010, 07:20 PM
same PC as in my sig:

ASUS P5Q PRO TURBO

E8400 E0

ice-age 120 CPU cooler

4 GB G.Skill PI DDR2 memory

Dual ATI HD 5770 in CrossFireX

Ventec ION2 600W SLI ready PSU

normal DVD combo--do everything drive

Dual Maxtor 250 GB 7200rpm HDD in RAID0, for games...

another 500GB 7200rpm HDD (cnt remember what brand), for win 7 64bit

Cooler Master HAF 922 case, with 2 massive 200mm (i think?) case fans and a normal 120mm black case fan

3 additional 120mm red led case fan.
1 additional 120mm blue led case fan.
1 additional 120mm fancy---looking---expensive led fan.....it is a famous brand but i cnt remember what it is.

everything apart from the cpu cooler, case and the fans are bought from trusted nz store, like computer lounge, playtech, ascent.

everything is still under warranty and have the invoice to proof it..

how much do you guys think it is worth?? i know i will be better off hanging on this machine, and i currently have no need to upgrade, but i just want to find out........as i might go for an over sea experience and need the money....

thanks for the answer in advance guys.

jareemon
05-10-2010, 11:27 AM
ill give you 20 for it :D

DeSade
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Could be worth $500 maybe.

Nomad
05-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't want to sound hasty, I understand you have spent a lot of time and passion into it. Many people may prefer a more ordinary system but its new or spend the money on it for something they really like and get the exact mofications they want themselves. Maybe $500-700? Incl the screen right? Windows CD and all ..

Snorkbox
05-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I hope by overseas you only mean the South Island. Then there's still the matter of replacement when you get back.

fred_fish
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
If you remove all those LED's you could probably get an extra $100 for it :)

powerover
05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't want to sound hasty, I understand you have spent a lot of time and passion into it. Many people may prefer a more ordinary system but its new or spend the money on it for something they really like and get the exact mofications they want themselves. Maybe $500-700? Incl the screen right? Windows CD and all ..

that is sooo true......
the screen is only 2 weeks old n i love it...so it is not going.....

but i think i will hang onto my beloved system.....will sell my car or something. :D

powerover
05-10-2010, 02:56 PM
I hope by overseas you only mean the South Island. Then there's still the matter of replacement when you get back.

i want to travel around Asia.......

technologies are reeeeeal cheap over there so i will bring bck a really cheap but stupidly powerful machine....well that was the plan anyway...

powerover
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
If you remove all those LED's you could probably get an extra $100 for it :)

maybe?? some ppl do like blink out systems....IMHO mine looks sinister--badass... :D

powerover
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
ill give you 20 for it :D

that is very generous of you :D

PENTIUM
05-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I go through Asia frequently, and believe me, we get very good deals here in N Z.
Of course if you want second hand or stolen stuff it is different.

Nomad
05-10-2010, 03:24 PM
For the price of a PC, you may save a few hundred, bugger all I say and the hassle of a PC. If it was a laptop then maybe.

Excess baggage and possible import tax ...
If no monitor make it $500 then. But who buys a PC without the screen ... many ordinary people may not be interested in the neon lights ..
I gather these days more interested in laptops, list on TM and see what happens....

DeSade
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
There is no way you could carry a PC through customs and claim you took it with you, laptop maybe destop, forget it.

You will be charged all customs charges when you return.

Nomad
05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
There is no way you could carry a PC through customs and claim you took it with you, laptop maybe destop, forget it.

You will be charged all customs charges when you return.

My version was gentler :D
Import tax is also known as GST at 15% now .. I think PC hardware is duty free however so there's only one bill :clap
Seriously, NZ over the years has gotten much more affordable.

powerover
05-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I go through Asia frequently, and believe me, we get very good deals here in N Z.
Of course if you want second hand or stolen stuff it is different.

really?? what country in specific u r talking about?