PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4 - do i need to replace digitiser as well?

jareemon
03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
My cousin has an iphone 4 16gb. She ran over it, and now the screen is very badly cracked, pretty much partially shattered. The screen still works and the touch panel still works. does this mean i can just get a new glass screen panel without the LCD and the digitiser?

plod
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
My cousin has an iphone 4 16gb. She ran over it, and now the screen is very badly cracked, pretty much partially shattered. The screen still works and the touch panel still works. does this mean i can just get a new glass screen panel without the LCD and the digitiser?
as far as I'm aware the glass and screen have too be replaced together.
http://www.fix-iphones.com/

SolMiester
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Boss dropped his 3GS in the weekend, $150+GST to fix

Chilling_Silence
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Still cheaper than a new one I suppose :D

I'd be interested to know what the iPhone4 costs by comparison to the 3G / 3GS to get this repair done?

I gave my 12 month old nephew my Nexus One (He loves the music and the feel of the back of it). It's pretty damn durable all things considered, but he happened to go from the usual lino & carpet to tiles last time he had it, then decided that would be a great time to fall over, twice, with the N1 face down. Screen has a small crack, so I'm of two minds about replacing it, even though it's fully functional.

Erayd
04-10-2010, 12:57 PM
You'll have to switch phone providers if you do, unless you feel like importing another 850MHz one - the only ones you can get in NZ directly are the 900MHz Vodafone / 2degrees ones.

That said, 2degrees has pretty good plans right now, and you're right in the middle of their service area...

Chilling_Silence
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
That said, 2degrees has pretty good plans right now, and you're right in the middle of their service area...

This is true, especially for their data plans, however the one I'm on right now was a special Telecom were running so I'm getting 120 anytime minutes for $29.95, and unlimited txts to any network for $12, and 240MB (The worst part) for $18.

Thinking of just trying to replace the screen instead of the whole device.

However, I wonder if changing Telco's could be a good idea, means my wife's going to be in the market for a new phone also, perfect opportunity to semi-force her into one :devil
Not sure how much she would like that, she likes her clamshell phone :waughh: