PDA

View Full Version : Revo Uninstaller problem

Krad
01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I restored program files from a disc image to Drive C Programs and Revo Uninstaller (and Windows XP Add/Remove Programs) does not show them.
Other programs installed in the usual way show up ok. Any suggestions?

Snorkbox
01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Presumably if they were restored from an image your registry has not been told. Re-install the programs using the installer media.

I assume you only restored part of the image and not the whole image.

Krad
01-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I am installing from the original disks and from downloads so hope this sorts the problem'
Thanks, Snorkbox.

Snorkbox
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I hope it works for you. I take it you did not restore the whole image as I thought originally?

pctek
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I restored program files and Revo Uninstaller (and Windows XP Add/Remove Programs) does not show them.

Because they are not listed in the registry and other locations windows uses to tell (and so does Revo).

Doesn't matter if they work, makes it easy to uninstall again.

Krad
01-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Because they are not listed in the registry and other locations windows uses to tell (and so does Revo).

Doesn't matter if they work, makes it easy to uninstall again.

Yes but I could not see how to uninstall them without using Revo etc. I did not want to restore the whole image just a number of program files. However I now have reinstalled them from the discs and all is well. Thanks again for the support.